| thirty nine ; the start of chaos

the shadow in the light

chapter thirty nine; the start of chaos

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"it is our choices... that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

jin-woo was the first to wake from his slumber as y/n laid soundless next to him. she was still in deep sleep, which meant she was probably exhausted from their date the day before.

he looked at y/n's sleeping face, quietly shifting his body to face her. his hand went up to her cheek, caressing it softly.

a smile graced his lips once y/n slowly started to wake up. a soft groan escaped her lips and she hid her face deeper into the crook of his neck. jin-woo didn't mind it at all. he enjoyed the warmth she had and coddled closer to her.

"good morning beautiful," murmured jin-woo.

y/n smiled and replied, "good morning, love."

jin-woo chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her waist, smiling when his eyes met hers.

"we should be heading back soon. can we grab breakfast first though?" y/n asked as the two got up from their position.

"of course," jin-woo said. "i know a hotel around this area that serves really good breakfast. do you want to wash up there and have breakfast after?"

"okay," replied y/n. jin-woo summoned kaisel once again before heading towards the hotel.

݃*₊TIMESKIP
∘* ˚.

in south korea, a middle-aged man who got evaluated as a b-rank hunter walked through the busy streets of the city, pondering about the gate in the sky.

it was then, the b-rank hunter had ended up bumping shoulders with it. a big, hulking man over two metres tall stood right before him when he turned around.

"who are you?" the b-rank hunter questioned, now looking at the details of the man.

the huge, muscular man had tan skin, glowing yellow eyes, sharp teeth, and wild black hair. he also wore silver fur pelts, a ragged skirt with a thick silver fur waistline, and gold-trimmed white armour on his right shoulder and over his groin area.

"oh is there a fight going on there?"

"woah, that guy's really huge. i think he's even bigger than ma dong-uk."

the b-rank hunter looked at the man with raged eyes and shouted, "hey, you need to apologise if you bumped into someone!"

the beast-like man didn't say anything as he stayed rooted in his spot.

"are you just going to stand there and stare at me?!" the b-rank hunter shouted. "if you did something wrong, you need to apologise and-"

in a split second, the top half of that b-rank hunter was gone. that beast-like man had devoured him in the blink of an eye and the onlookers screamed.