152

Song Qinghan thought as he walked and realized that the assignment of Wu Dahu was not included. Probably the Imperial Noble Consort was the ‘culprit’ who delivered wicked counsel behind the scene. After all, the Fifth Prince didn’t look like a man with a pack of scheming thoughts. Even if he really wanted to do something evil, he wouldn’t have such a brain to come up with any feasible plans.

He sighed softly with a hint of worry in his eyes.

Upon thinking of the various possibilities the Imperial Noble Consort might nurse, Song Qinghan still failed to conceive of any ideas. Yet for one possibility he would completely deny with a full confidence: The Imperial Noble Consort was all willing to assist to help the Fifth Prince get rid of this troublesome life because he thought the child was pitiful.

The principle reins everywhere and any times. There was no eternal friendship, only eternal profit. Unless the Fifth Prince was able to bring some profits to the Imperial Noble Consort could they co-exist in a cooperative relationship. Otherwise, Song Qinghan would never believe that the Imperial Noble Consort would try his best to give advice and lend a hand.

But what benefit could the Imperial Noble Consort gain from the Fifth Prince? Couldn’t he gain that from Hening?

If Song Qinghan could figure out this deep root towards the matter and changed the Imperial Noble Consort’s side in this ‘battle’, probably their stratagem which ensured success would be more inclined to succeed.

Seeing Song Qinghan frowning and deep in thought, Wu Dahu was about to speak when he suddenly saw a bright yellow in the distance. He was shocked and reached out to grab Song Qinghan and said in a low voice, “The Emperor is here.”

It was not unusual to meet the Emperor in the palace, so Song Qinghan did not think much about it. He followed Wu Dahu to the side and knelt early before the Emperor passed by, waiting for the Emperor to leave.

Well, beyond their expectations, not long after the Emperor passed by them, he stepped back, saying after he stood still while raising his eyebrows, “Are you the doctor who dispelled the outbreak of the small pox?”

Song Qinghan was stunned, as if he didn’t expect that the Emperor would stop for him.

But he got a prompt reaction, and he answered respectfully, “I might be blessed by you, Your Majesty, to succeed dispelling the evilness of the small pox in the Moshang Town.”

No one at the scene was fool, he who listened to that could clearly figure out the deeper meaning within the words.

“Alright,” sounded the Emperor after he noticed that Song Qinghan did not refute at all, “I heard that you refused the award from me, are you going to change your mind now?”

Song Qinghan’s heart tightened. But soon he realized that the Emperor didn’t seem to bother himself into investigating further the matter of ‘being of rudeness’, he pondered for a brief moment, and then bowed, saying, “I hope the Moshang residents can be blessed by you, Your Majesty, I mean I wish you can relieve them offering them some alms. Forgive me if I require too much and break the rules…”

The reason why he made this request was because he wanted to make an excuse for ‘not wanting the award’ previously, and secondly, he really wanted to help out the residents in that Moshang Town. After all, they might have experienced a hard life after the outbreak of that disaster, the outsiders probably would still look down upon those residents even though the epidemic had already been totally vanished.

The Emperor took a deep look at Song Qinghan and smiled. He turned his head to one of the people beside him and praised, “Well, well, friend of Haiyun does get something extraordinary!”