170

Just before Song Qinghan spoke, the chief took the initiative to utter.

“They are used to calling me Chief Mu. You can call me Mu Qingfeng, or you can call me Chief Mu like them by your wish.”

Mu Qingfeng didn’t get a nice voice himself. Not only because it was influenced by the illness he got, but also he possessed an innately hoarse tone. That was the reason why it was hard for the other party to hear his words.

Song Qinghan nodded and mused for a moment. And then slowly, he asked, “Chief Mu, is it possible to let me check out your appearance?”

Mu Qingfeng didn’t say yes nor did he say No when he heard Song Qinghan’s words, but just responded, “How do you know I got a bad kidney myself, Doctor Song? I’ve already sent someone to verify the fact that you succeeded curing the patients who were infected by smallpox. It’s totally beyond my expectation that you’ve got such a fame, Doctor Song. However… I don’t remember I had invited you to join the auction…”

Song Qinghan intended to make a quick diagnosis at first, but when he heard the words of Mu Qingfeng, he got tense all of a sudden. And he knew that if he failed to make a proper excuse right now, probably he would get some punishments.

In addition, since this so-called chief was capable of recognizing Song Qinghan as a doctor, he must have got a large-scaled interpersonal network.

He pondered for a moment, and then answered honestly, “Before the bidding, I had asked the man in black about what type of medicine you are taking, and he did answer me that it was about waist. So I think if he was telling the truth, then the problem you’ve got must be spinal column-related or kidney-related. Yet if it IS the spinal column problem, it will be impossible for you to cure it no matter whether you’ve got the most precious medicine. I think you should have known that. Since you still get a hope on it, then it must be some problems on your kidney.”

“As for the invitation of entering the arena, …… To be honest, it was my first time coming here so I lost my way and got strayed in here. Take things as they come, so I chose to stay and wait and see.”

Song Qinghan’s tone of voice was neither humble nor pushy when he said this because he was rather confident himself that the so-called chief wouldn’t trouble him after such a response.

Well, at least the man carrying a title ‘Chief’ should be of generosity. Otherwise, he wouldn’t deserve such a title.

Sure enough, after that, Mu Qingfeng suddenly turned around and raised his chin slightly motioning Song Qinghan to have a seat at his subordinate side. He took a cup of tea while speaking among the steaming vapor, “Even though Doctor Song came in here without permission which was totally a violation against the restricted rules. Since Doctor Song had shown his great sincerity, we will make an exception today.”

After that, he took a slight sip of the tea while his expression was rather leisure and peaceful.

Song Qinghan naturally caught the key point in his words. He suddenly rose and walked to Mu Qingfeng and reached out his hand, “I’m not good at eloquence, could I just act directly?”

Mu Qingfeng’s hand which was holding the tea cup paused suddenly, he never expected that Song Qinghan would act so straightforwardly. But he regained his calmness very soon, and then put down the teacup on the table, lay his wrist and then uttered with a faint expression, “Please.”

What was more shocking for him was that Song Qinghan didn’t take his pulse at all. But instead, Song Qinghan commenced ‘groping’ him directly on his body without mercy.

Fortunately, he was a type of person who was good at remaining the countenance, so he didn’t act to show his unexpectedness. When Song Qinghan was probing his skin on body regularly, his loosened his shoulder unintentionally, and then whispered, “Do you know that you might have been killed due to your inappropriate behavior?”

Song Qinghan realized that his behavior was somewhat inappropriate when he touched Mu Qingfeng’s body. However, what’s done has done, if he withdrew his hands right away, probably it would be an admission to the guilt. In that case, he had to pretend that he knew nothing, and continued making the diagnosis.

Still, the problem was again the lack of fine equipment here in the ancient time. Yet the bright side was that physical changes caused by the organic diseases could be easily detected from the touching, so he could still roughly ‘probe’ some signs from that.

Though Mu Qingfeng was tormented by the illness and seemingly looked a bit weak, he wasn’t feeble at all since he got a nice shaped body with packs of muscles. It could be speculated that he actually had a habit to keep fit himself.

However, due to his illness, some parts of his body were still visibly swollen and his face was pale like a ghost.

When Song Qinghan pressed his stomach, Mu Qingfeng frowned slightly and then regained his peacefulness on face very soon. Song Qinghan didn’t miss that slight expression, and then he uttered calmly, “It’s rather crucial for me to see your authentic expressions so as to make a accurate diagnosis, so don’t suppress yourself intentionally.”

Mu Qingfeng had probably never been ‘taught’ in such a gentle manner by someone else, so his expression is a little unnatural. He frowned and said, “I don’t feel good at stomach.”

The answer didn’t exceed Song Qinghan’s expectations. He thought for a moment and then asked, “Tend to vomit, and have a bad appetite?”

Mu Qingfeng seemed to have adapted to Song Qinghan’s treatment quickly. He responded calmly, “Well, it was like this at the beginning, so those quack doctors gave me a lot of medicine to treat my stomach. I didn’t expect that the more I took the medicines, the worse my physical situation is.”

Just as Song Qinghan was concentrating on figuring out a method, Mu Qingfeng added, “And none of them survived.”

Song Qinghan got tense suddenly and then uttered peacefully as his expression on face sank, “Not a wise attempt to inform me something like that, because I might bring someone to the hell together.”

Mu Qingfeng frowned and said coldly, “Are you threatening me?”

The atmosphere between the two instantly dropped below freezing point. The shadow of death enveloped Song Qinghan imperceptibly, but he still calmly said, “I just want you to know how I felt just now.”

Mu Qingfeng suddenly sank into a long silence when he heard that.

Perceiving that Mu Qingfeng had already given up putting pressure on him, Song Qinghan knew that he had made it through. And then he withdrew his hands from Mu Qingfeng’s body and reached out to pinch his chin, “Open your mouth.”

Song Qinghan clearly sensed that Mu Qingfeng’s body suddenly stiffened when he got close to him, but he knew that the other party’s adaptability was very strong, so he didn’t do anything extra and just waited quietly.

After a while, Mu Qingfeng seemed to have finally adapted to the distance between him and Song Qinghan. He opened his mouth slowly, revealing the inner part of his mouth that no one had seen before.

This action was still a little shameful as for Mu Qingfeng, so he even shifted his gaze away and looked at the other side in avoiding the direct eye contact with Song Qinghan. He was trying his best to clear all the shamefulness in his mind.

Song Qinghan frowned for a while and said calmly, “Don’t hold your breath. Breathe normally.”

After smelling the bad smell, Song Qinghan quietly raised his head and let go of his hand. Seeing that Mu Qingfeng looked rather uneasy, he asked faintly, “How long have this symptom being lasting?”

His question took Mu Qingfeng out of that unnaturally uneasy situation. Without any redundant consideration, he answered directly, “It’s been one year now.”

Song Qinghan nodded. Although he didn’t show exaggerated expression on face, a sense of worry emerged in his mind.

One year wasn’t that long. Yet as for the illness which was tormenting Mu Qingfeng right now, it was a deadly one.

Noticing that Song Qinghan was deep in thought without words, Mu Qingfeng asked as calmly as he could, “Have you done yet? Now it’s time to show me your sincerity.”