Chapter Twenty-Seven

~ oh you've got to be kidding me! ~

Alexis POV

His voice was familiar. Then I remembered clearly that he was the one who organized my kidnapping. I didn't think I would hear his voice anytime soon. I don't know why, but for the first time, I felt defensive yet cautious. Like I was protecting something or someone. Maybe it's the kids, I need to get them to safety before anything could happen to them.

Everyone had a shocked and terrified expression covering their faces. The students had their backs pressed against a wall, trying to stay silent. When that explosion went off, they were immediately alarmed of the villains' existence. Then we heard Best Jeanist die, it was unsettling and hard to hear.

I looked to Saitama, but he was avoiding eye contact with me. He continued looking at the ground, his face filled with none of his usual playful/bored-ness.

Sweat dripped on the sides of the students faces. I was stood by Midoriya who couldn't stop trembling. I quietly reached for his hand, giving a squeeze of reassurance. His eyes looked towards me and I tried giving my best genuine smile in the situation, but it failed in calming him down.

Confidence and determination filled my head as my eyebrows furrowed, thinking of a plan to get them to safety. I then shook my head and went to reveal myself to my kidnapper, but then I felt Saitama's hand clasp around my wrist. I turned to him, finally seeing his eyes clearly, and I saw his serious glare telling me he'd rather not have me involved.

I was going to submit and stand beside the children once more, when I heard an abrupt splash and a familiar voice, "Damn it! The hell?!"

It was Katsuki Bakugo. The main reason why we're here in the first place. I hope he's okay.

Third Person POV

Katsuki's appearance obviously caught the everyone's attention, their eyes quickly shifting over towards his direction. Saitama discreetly grunted over his breath, 'Damn..'

"My apologies, Bakugo." Katsuki panted heavily, "Huh?" Then other splashes were heard and grey liquid appeared suddenly, revealing the other members of The League of Villains. Shigaraki stayed on his knees, bowing slightly as he greeted All For One, "Master." — "So, give managed to fail, not once, but twice more. Tomura. First, you allowed Alexis to escape, and now this." All For One reprimanded as he walked over towards him.

Meanwhile, the students quickly look over to an evidently ashamed and nervous Alexis. She lowered her head, avoiding their concerned stares. Alexis didn't want to think about that event again, she's never done anything that bloody before.

"But you must not be discouraged. You'll try again. That's why I brought your associates back with you. Even this child, because you judged that he was an important piece on your game board."