Alone

When the bright white light disappeared and I finally opened my eyes, we were still in the same place. The same, empty place.

I let go of their hands and headed straight out of the woods. The only thing on my mind being going home.

"Where are you going? Hey." I heard Damon shout behind me.

I continued marching down the woods, ignoring them calling after me until I reached a street. A street I recognized. 

I was in Mystic Falls yet my throat wasn't slashed open and I wasn't chocking on blood.

"Well, I feel a fang. I'm still a vampire. Either I'm a dead vampire or Mystic Falls is no longer magic free." Damon spoke humorously as always.

"Huh. I definitely blew  that up about an hour ago." Damon remarked.

I turned around and followed his gaze to the Mystic Grill.

Something wasn't right. Everything looked the same, yet it was different. There was no curse on Mystic Falls, the Grill was magically rebuilt, and the weirdest of all was that there wasn't even one person in sight.

"Where the hell are we? And I don't mean geographically." Damon asked.

"I have no idea."

I closed my eyes, pushing back the tears as I was once again losing all hope of ever seeing anyone I love again.

-

We were wondering the deserted streets of Mystic Falls, hoping we would find anything useful. However, it's been way too long and there was nothing useful in sight. And throughout this whole time, I didn't even say a word to the other two. I was scared that if I even opened my mouth I'd just completely explode or have a breakdown.

"How many more streets are we going to wander? Damon groaned."

Bonnie looked over at him annoyed. "How many times are you going to ask questions we don't have answers to? Huh?"

They shared a look and we continued to walk in silence until Bonnie pointed something out.

"There's something weird about these cars."

We stopped at a parked, white car and I realised I was so set on finding people, I didn't realise how old, yet brand new all of these cars were.

"Yeah, they're all 20 years old or more and yet they look brand new." He ran his hand over the hood before looking up at an all too familiar house.

It's the Gilbert's house with toys scattered over on the lawn.

"And that is Elena's not-so-burnt-to-a-crisp house."

I walked towards the house when I spotted a newspaper laying on the grass. I unfolded it and skimmed the first page.

I completely froze once I read the date of the newspaper, causing me to drop it.

Damon picked it right up and I know he saw the same thing as he showed it to Bonnie.

"Rare solar eclipse expected to be seen across 12 states?" She read.

"The date." Damon pointed out, not impressed by her lack of intelligence in the moment.

"May 10th, 1994. Is that-? Are we-? But that's impossible."

Suddenly the sky turned a darker blue and we all looked up as the eclipse blotted out the sun. 

"I don't think we should be asking where we are, I think we should be asking when we are."

I curled myself up on the porch swing and completely ignored the other two. That was until I saw Bonnie failing a simple spell.

"Phesmatos incendia." She chanted, looking at a glass cup in front of us.