77 |The One With The Sweet

Shree walks to the veranda, yawning as she pulls the woolen sweater over her nightgown. 

The golden sun rays fell on Shree's face, despite the heavy mist. The grass beneath her feet tickled the soles of her feet. The smell of fertile soil mixed with the fragrances of the exotic flowers that bloomed in their garden pierced her nose as softly and tenderly as possible. The warm air was thick withthe scent of one hundred flowers, and the whispers and murmurs of insects. Shree sighed with relief as she opened her arms to embrace the beautiful scenery that surrounded her.

And with another flick she removes the hair clip that held her hairdo. Her hair rippled down all the way till her lower back, swaying merrily to the soft breezes that blew past. 

"Madhav!" She calls out. "Madhav! Madhav where are y-"

Shree stops as she notices Madhav working out in the garden. A warm smile spreads on her face.

"Didn't the physiotherapist ask you to start working out only after a week?" She asks, making Madhav stop mid-lunge. 

"Hey!" He says standing up. "You're up! Didn't expect you to wake up until brunch, actually."

"I thought of making you some breakfast." Shree says as Madhav kisses her on the cheek. "But the cook had already made the idlis and the curries. So I made you some almond milk with your weight gain formula."

"Thanks." Madhav says wrapping his arms around her. "So what about the two of us take a nice warm bath in the tub? I got some nice lavendar candles and some sandal oil, if your interested."

"Are you suggesting we do it in the-"

"No! No!" Madhav shakes his head. "I wasn't referring to sex. I-I-I just wanted to lie in the tub with you - holding you real close - and naked."

Shree blushes a warm and bright shade of red.

"I'll take that as a yes." He whispers.

"But ditch the sandal oil." Shree exclaims.

"What else, chellam?" Madhav asks holding her chin.

"We better make out in that tub!" Shree whispers softly.

"Of course! That's what we are going to do!" Madhav chuckles. "Geez chellam, you thought we'd be having a debate about politics and the country's economy?"

He notices Shree turn red.

She moves away from him.

"Also Yashoda Ma called. She's on the way with the whole family for the baby shower ceremony." Shree says walking inside. "She has picked around six décor themes, so many buffet dishes and saris. My Whatsapp is filled with so many pictures of backdrops and chairs and flower decorations!"

Madhav smiles as he follows her inside. "The family never had a proper one after the ceremony that was held in 1983. That was when my mother was expecting me! She's very excited, you see."

Shree looks at him with a smile. "Double excited because we are having twins."

"Everyone is so eager to meet the two little girls you're carrying inside." Madhav whispers holding her stomach.

"Mister Madhav Ramakrishna, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it's going to be two adorable little boys." Shree says holding his shoulders. "Mother's instincts. And FYI, we already have a cute little daughter don't we?"

"I want more daughters." Madhav whispers to her. "One daughter isn't enough."

"What if we have two boys?" Shree asks.