[154] SECOND CHOICE - Dec 16 2021

"Jungkook..." Jimin sighs, his voice tired "....divorce is very common nowadays... it's not like before where there was a stigma to this anymore..." Jungkook stood there shocked. He didn't ever expect his husband of 3 years to mention divorce " ... I don't want to be a second choice anymore... it's very clear you don't want this marriage from day 1..." Jungkook could see how exhausted Jimin was "....you went with your colleague A/N to your best friend's birthday party, you didn't even tell me about that... I had to find it from Instagram stories... to see her post pictures of her sitting on your lap... do you know how much that hurts?..." Jimin shakes his head, his eyes filled with tears ".... I have always warned you about her.. I told you she has a crush on you and that her actions always made me scared about her snatching you from me...and do you remember what you told me at the time?" Jimin chuckles sadly " .... you scolded me and told me to stop being a jealous b*tch..." Jimin wipes his tears ".... you ditched me on our anniversary and that night you came onto me, drunk..." Jimin kept wiping his eyes, his voice cracking and Jungkook stood there listening to all. He didn't know what to do "... a-and I... like a fool let it happen..." Jimin's heartbroken sob makes a tear roll down Jungkook's cheek "... I thought finally maybe you loved me back ... I thought maybe this would make everything okay... that finally we could be a married couple...but I was wrong... so wrong..." Jimin cried and Jungkook couldn't hold back anymore. He rushed to comfort the boy but Jimin pushed him away, surprising the man " ...but the next day you scolded me for being naked in bed with you.... you pushed me away!" Jimin screams angrily and Jungkook sobbed for the first time.

Jungkook has also been hot tempered. He was forced into this marriage but along the way he did fall for his cute husband. However, anything that frustrated the man, he took it out on Jimin. He kept hurting his love for no reason, without even realizing it. Jungkook had been so self involved that he failed to be the husband he wanted to be for Jimin.

"I love you... I really do..." Jungkook finally confesses

Jimin isn't surprised at the confession. He knew his husband liked him. Everyone told Jimin how Jungkook was becoming a better man, learning to give others a chance. But Jimin has enough of waiting and being an understanding husband. He couldn't take the hurt anymore. Jimin was done loving someone who didn't care about him. He was done ignoring himself and his health

"What's the point of such love? A love with no action behind those words... that kinda love has no meaning..." Jimin sighs as Jungkook keeps apologizing on his knees

**

"Sorry mom... Jungkook is a good man and a great husband but I am choosing to leave him for his own good...." Jimin tells Mrs Jeon when Jungkook and Jimin go to his parents house to let them know their decision on divorce "...I don't love him anymore..." Jimin states and Mrs Jeon fumes in anger. She could see the tears rolling down her son's cheek. This was the first time she had seen her son like this and it hurt her.

"You ungrateful..." she stands up to slap the boy when Jungkook stops her

"Let him go..." Jungkook says weakly

Later

That night Jungkook cries himself to sleep in his parent's house

He was hurting. He just realized that he had been hurting his love all along. He took Jimin and Jimin's patience for granted.

**

It's been months now after the divorce. Jungkook was like a mad man following Jimin whenever he could. Just seeing Jimin from a distance made Jungkook feel alive but the second he got home, Jungkook would feel worthless. And then Jimin moved out of Busan and Jungkook was heartbroken. He stopped taking care of himself and his health started deteriorating.

Jimin was sad too but he moved on. He had to force himself to. Being with Jungkook was unhealthy for him.

He will always love Jungkook but he needed this. He needed Taehyung, the man who loved him ever since they met at Jimin's new work place in Daegu. Jimin reciprocated the feelings. Taehyung made him feel loved and wanted, something Jungkook failed to do.

**

3 years later

Jungkook cried holding his chest as he saw the two kiss at their wedding. Jimin had invited the man to his and Taehyung's wedding as a sign of goodwill.

His mom who accompanied him, hugs him "... let him go... if you love him... let him be finally happy..." she knew all the drama that happened before Jimin asked for divorce. She knew her son was at fault and there was nothing she could do to change that. All she can do is be his support pillar.

Jungkook could feel his world collapse when he caught Jimin's eyes and saw no love or emotion for him, not in that way anymore.

He knew he deserved that. It was his punishment for hurting a pure innocent soul.

**

Jungkook wakes up panting to see he had fallen asleep while reading Taehyung's script

He turns to the side to see Jimin sleeping peacefully, his plump lips parted slightly. Jungkook sighs and draws closer to the boy, admiring him. Jungkook caresses the boy's face softly, making Jimin crunch his nose at the disturbance. Jungkook chuckles slightly before smoothly sliding his arm under Jimin's shoulder and cuddling the boy to his chest

"I love you so much..." Jungkook whispers against Jimin's forehead before he kissed it "...please don't ever leave me..."

Jimin stirs up awake when he feels something wet on his eyelids.

"B-Baby? You okay?" Jimin cracks one of his eyelids open to peek at the man

"It's nothing... I'm sorry if I disturbed you..." Jungkook sniffles making Jimin wake up completely, already sitting up

"W-Why... w-what happened?" Jimin asks but Jungkook shakes his head

"I just had a nightmare of you leaving me..."

Jimin frowns at that but then he notices the manuscript open on the nightstand

"Oh... you read the script huh?" Jimin giggles a bit making Jungkook groan "...Tae is getting really good at playing with emotions..."

"Yea..." Jungkook sighs and pulls the boy to his chest

Jimin hums "...I guess since we didn't watch the movie, you don't wanna throw me over your..." Jimin's words are cut off by Jungkook smacking his plump ass

"Yah!!" Jimin shouts but gets shushed by his husband

"Jihyun is sleeping... don't wake him up..."

"As if that had ever stopped you before" Jimin rolls his eyes

Jungkook smirks "Oh yea! You are right!" Jungkook hovers over the tiny boy

"Yah! I didn't mean..." Jimin's words are again cut off by Jungkook shushing him, his fingers resting on Jimin's lips

"You need to be punished for breaking my heart..." Jungkook says, his hands roaming under Jimin's shirts

"B-But..."

"I love you... you won't ever leave me right?" Jungkook's vulnerable voice makes Jimin's eyes soften

"Of course not. I love you too" Jimin says kissing the man softly

"Let's get it!" Jungkook suddenly smacks his husband's ass again

"Yah!"

The end

A/N: part of untitled series

Congrats to BTS on all 9 wins.

Sorry that I started the story without an intro but it's supposed to be a dream.

Decided to include A/N into the story from now. Have read many comments on how people don't wanna imagine themselves in the storyline. I have already cleared that Y/N means anyone you fancy as well as the name Jin when used alongside Y/N.

Please stream PERMISSION TO DANCE and my universe 🙏 💜