I'm Back?

Liu Quiaqio who came from the most powerful family in the Empire is currently on the verge of death, but this situation seemed more funny than sad. I have been married to the emperor for fifteen years. Those fifteen years that were supposed to be filled with bliss were filled with endless suffering.

From the day he was born it was a miracle, the mother who had black hair, and the father who had hazel brown hair gave birth to a white-haired baby, Liu Quiaqio. The baby was so beautiful even the doctors forgot the mom needed treatment urgently and continued to admire the baby.

Being born in General Lui's mansion, he became the apple of his father's eye, whatever he wanted the general would comply. Since he was born as a ger the lines of suitors he had were never lacking.

But who would've thought that he would fall for the ruthless crown prince? After the marriage to the crown prince, the beautiful and nice Lui Quiaqio would turn into an evil and despicable person.

Things got even more complicated when the crown prince found a concubine he was extremely fond of, to the point that he punished the crown princess on behalf of the concubine, but that was only the beginning.

In the first year of their marriage, the crown princess gave birth to a prince, but the crown prince didn't even come to name the child because his beloved concubine caught a cold.

After the crown prince became the emperor the first thing he did was rank his beloved concubine, the newly crowned empress was so mad that he coughed up blood, but that was only the beginning of the suffering of the empress.

"Are you happy now?" I asked in a mocking manner, but I was only mocking myself.

"Yes indeed," he responded coldly with his beloved concubine in his arms his eyes filled with contempt.

"What wrongs have I committed, for you hate me this much? Did I do anything wrong for you to look at me with such contempt in your eyes? Was loving you such a sin?" I asked weakly

"Your sin was that you loved somebody you weren't supposed to love," He responded coldly.

I watched as my sons and daughter looked at me holding their tears back. ,' No matter how harshly I treated them they still looked at me with loving eyes.' I thought as smiled sadly.

'He's right I squandered so much love on him that I did not have any left for my sons and my daughter, for the ones who truly cared about me. My father, my mother, my aunts my sisters, my brothers, empress's mother. I failed to see all of these important people because I was blinded by one person.

I failed to see how much my kids loved me and how much they wanted to be loved because I was only focusing on giving love to somebody who would never reciprocate.

I curled my finger and called my kids over the emperor looked suspicious but nevertheless, my oldest son has never put the emperor in his eyes.

"Yes, imperial mother?" His tone was nothing like the cold tone he uses with outsiders, his tone was pure gentleness.

"Mother wanted to say that he's sorry." Everyone around was shocked but nevertheless, I continued, "Mother doesn't deserve your forgiveness, but mother will be shameless one more time to ask you for a favor." His eyes became moist which surprised me that was the first time I saw him cry.

"Go ahead, mother." He said as he tried his best not to let his voice crack and then he held my pale hands

"Mother wants you to protect your younger siblings, and to ensure their happiness, mother knows that this will be tough work. And mother is very sorry for not taking care of you all these years. I don't even deserve this title of mother. As a mother, I was supposed to love you unconditionally and care for you until you were old enough but instead, I have used you all as my tools for something as foolish as love. I never got to hear Ruan'er act coquettish with me and calling me mom this and mom that. I never got to read poems with Tao'er. I never got to take care of you my first child and made sure you grew as a proper child instead you were forced to become an adult at a very young age.

After I finished speaking my cute daughter had already run to me sobbing, and my little ger son had snot all over his face but I was the only one smiling, the first genuine smile I smile for 15 years. Everyone was shocked to the core, they never knew I could smile like this.

But happy moments were short-lived, I started to feel pain in my abdomen and I ask my maid To take the children outside of my room because I did not want them to see me die. They disagreed immediately but I had them dragged outside.

I took one last look at the person whom I loved so much to see that he wasn't even sparing me a glance, All his attention was focused on his beloved concubine. I smiled bitterly and made a wish, a wish where I could have a second chance to love my children, to love my family, and to love the ones who cared about me, with that I close my eyes and finally rested in peace or so I thought.

"You majesty, it's time for breakfast." I head a voice called faintly.

'I didn't die? And where's the abdomen pain?' I thought confused as I opened my eyes feeling groggy.

With that thought abruptly sat up on my bed, but I still did not feel any pain, I stood up to to confirm, there was still no pain.

"Is something wrong your majesty?" I heard a familiar voice ask, I hurriedly turn my head to confirm my speculation, only to find that I was spot on. I looked at Li Dani my trusted maidservant who was disposed of in my 8th year as empress.

"Your majesty the crown prince has asked to have breakfast with you should I permit it?" he asked in a low voice

Hu'er stopped asking me to Eat breakfast when he was 7 so what's going on, then I looked around I was in the empress chambers not the cold palace.

"Dani what year is it Dani?" I asked both panicked and joyed.

"It's the 18th year of Jin Yu" he said as he looked at me weirdly.

'So I'm back?'