Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

1. Dream of the Beginning

He smelled blood.
Soule looked down at his hands. Thick globs of blood dripped from both of his hands.
Whose blood is this?
Is it mine? Or the others?

More blood gushed out from his already soaked body.
It did not hurt. Instead, his heart pounded furiously. Soule's lips quivered.

"Hah...haha."

He wanted to cry. Instead, the side of his lips curled up to form a smile.

Soule looked up, dazed.
He saw a huge figure in front of him. Black lumps shimmered and laughed at him.

Soule knew how this would end.
These things would swallow everything that he had and "consume the world."
It was futile to resist. It was like a story with a predestined ending.

As Soule was lost in his thoughts,
the black form swirled around him even more violently than before.

Swooosh!
The wind rushed against his cheeks. Despair was approaching.
Soule's vision went blurry against the fierce gust of wind. It was getting even harder to keep his eyes open. Soule tried to raise his arms to shield himself from the wind.
The respite was for but a brief moment.

The sharp wind cut into his skin and made it flap in the air like a rag. Soule could almost laugh at his own desperation against the fathomless chaos.

Nevertheless... he remained determined to protect everyone.

Soule recalled his memories as he hung onto his last shred of consciousness.
What he told the members countless times.

It's all right. I'll resolve it somehow...

That was what he had always said. The members would then smile brightly despite their bleak situation.

I have to think. I have to think.

What should I do? How can I change my predestined fate?
Soule choked back his hollow laughter and glared.

***

"Huh...!"

Soule sat up. He found himself breathless as a shiver ran down his spine.
He looked at his surroundings.

Gone was the wasteland and the black forms from before.

Just then, a low voice sounded from beside him.

"What kind of dream..."

Soule immediately whipped his head toward the direction of the voice.

"...were you having?"

He found himself staring at a slim face with long, single-lidded eyes.
It was Eugene.

icon lock

Show your support for HYBE_STORIES, and continue reading this story

by HYBE_STORIES
@HYBE_STORIES
The age of magic. A world where magic idols prevail. In these extraor...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 81 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @HYBE_STORIES.