Chapter 27

Jungkook POV:

I didn't understand the look on Jin's face when Y/N greeted him, that look of hurt and disbelief. That look that made me think he was second-guessing his decision to remain closed off from her like he did. He was the one who made the choice to ignore her, ignore the woman that I knew to be his soulmate, our soulmate. After the uncomfortable incident two days ago at dinner, I could completely understand why she greeted him the way she did. Polite but definitely not with the same warmth as the rest of us. It was stilted, almost cold and part of me wanted to feel bad for him, but I couldn't. Not with the way he had spoken to her.

I had been stunned by the way Yoongi had spoken to him, but I understood it. We, especially Jimin, Taehyung, and me, had tried our best to be nice to Mi-suk, but it was like trying to be nice to a rabid animal: challenging and dangerous to your health. She had wanted no part of getting to know us, no part of building a friendship with us, with the people who were essentially her future husband's family. Whenever we tried to have a conversation with her, she would shut us down without a second thought, without a chance.

Pushing the thoughts of Mi-suk aside, I tried to focus on my soulmate who was currently sitting next to me, Namjoon on the other side of her. She had greeted us with hugs as she arrived and it made the butterflies erupt in my stomach, made my heart flutter and made me realize that my soulmate was all I wanted. As we ate, we told her about our families and listened to stories about hers. She told us a little bit more about her best friend, Arely, and I was excited to meet the other woman, meet the person who seemed to care so much about my sweet soulmate.

Y/N turned to me and as she placed her hand on my arm, I could feel the heat flood across my skin and I flushed a bright pink from the proximity, from her warm hand on me. "So Jungkook, I love rollercoasters. Are you going to ride them all with me tomorrow? I hear you're pretty brave." Y/N had a mischievous smile on her face, her eyes bright with amusement as she looked at me.

Giving myself a mental shake and trying to pull out from my daydream, I nodded. "Of course. I don't think you understand how much I enjoy things like that." I gave my soulmate the same smile and felt a thrill of excitement rush through me when she grinned.

"Sounds good to me." Y/N winked at me then turned to Namjoon. "What about you? Are you as addicted to the thrills as Jungkook?"

Namjoon shook his head. "Nah. Jungkook-ah is the one who likes all that stuff. I like them, but not like he does. I will ride with you though."

As Namjoon talked to Y/N, telling her about a museum in Korea he would like to take her to, I studied my soulmate, getting to know the features of her face, learning her expressions, the sounds she made. When I had first heard the idea of soulmates, I didn't have the same kind of excitement that Jimin had, that same kind of profound desire to find mine, but now I couldn't even believe how happy I was that I had. Seeing her sitting next to me, our thighs touching, close enough to smell her perfume, feel the warmth of her skin when her hand brushed mine. It made me realize that this was all I wanted and I knew I would do whatever it took to make her happy, make her feel loved, appreciated, desired and wanted.

***

"So what do you think of this one?" Y/N pointed to the ride on the app on her phone. "This is one of my favorites."

I looked down at her phone, reading the details. "78 miles per hour in under two seconds? Namjoon-hyung? How fast is that in kilometers per hour?"

Namjoon thought for a second then his eyes went wide. "Right about 125."

"Wow! That's fast. I would like to try it. What else do you like here?" I looked up at my soulmate's face and saw the sheer happiness in her eyes, the unadulterated bliss on her face and it made my heart sing with contentment to know she was happy to be here with us, happy to be spending time with us.