Capítulo Um: O Carregador

"Damian, have you seen my charger?" I asked, stepping into the dimly lit living room with my three-fourths dead phone in my hand.

Damian looked up from the recliner he was sitting in, a yellow lollipop dangling perilously from his lips. He shook his head, shrugging his shoulders when I shot him a narrow-eyed look.

"Nope. Couldn't help you. Sorry." He said, jerking his chin towards the door in a gesture that was meant to make me leave. I arched an eyebrow, hand on my cocked hip as I watched him. I took a threatening step towards him and he jumped, phone tumbling to the floor with a white cord attached at the bottom.

"You dirty little thief!" I screeched, lunging at my charger. Damian growled a curse before snatching it up off the ground.

"Back off, gremlin. I stole it rightfully." Damian said, holding the cord above my head. How he'd gotten it unplugged in such little time didn't surprise me. After all, he was a hitman.

Currently, I was debating hitting the hitman.

"It's mine!" I leaped up in the air, stretching as tall as possible to try and reach it. Damian was dangling it above my head, obviously teasing me with his height.

"Eh. I'm older so I have the right to take whatever you own." Damian smirked, thinking he was victorious. Didn't he know that the younger siblings were the ones who stole everything and the older siblings were the ones who suffered?

Gah, it's like he didn't understand the relationship rules of siblings.

"What," Tobias sighed, stepping into the room. "Is going on here?" He asked, rubbing the bridge of his nose with closed eyes.

Damian and I shared a look. Neither wanted to tell our eldest brother that we were loudly arguing over a mere charger.

"Damian stole Gemma's charger and refuses to return it to her," Sinclair said, smirking as he slumped against the doorframe.

A gasp slipped from my lips, drawing the attention of the room back towards me. Where it belonged.

"You traitor! You knew, didn't you? Or were you just eavesdropping?" I asked, tapping my chin as I tried to figure out how he'd found out. He rolled his eyes at my being overdramatic before pushing off the doorframe and entering the room.

"You guys were yelling so loudly I think our next door neighbors heard you. And they're seven miles down the road." Sinclair muttered, slumping into a chair with a huff.

Tobias leaned on his right foot before shifting to his left, only to return to his right footed position.

Oh, he was getting irritated. Whoopsie?

"I just got off the phone with Janice, your social worker. She wasn't happy we canceled on her last week so she's coming tomorrow. She still wants to discuss medical history and education with me." Tobias groaned, pulling me beside him as he moved towards the couch.

When he flopped down, he brought me down with him. I was sprawled across his lap, his knee digging uncomfortably into my spine. I wiggled, a whine pushing past my lips unintentionally. Tobias picked me up without much effort and set me down in a lot more of a comfortable spot.

My legs were thrown over his thighs, his arm acting as a backrest. I hooked one of my arms around his neck, pouting up at him.

"Damian was being so mean, holding it over my head and everything." I widened my eyes and puffed air into my cheeks so they turned into chipmunk cheeks. I knew it got to him when his eyes softened and he ran a hand over my hair, gaze softening into something warm and soothing.

"Damian, give Gemma her charger back and apologize." Tobias ordered. When he was turned towards Damian, I stuck my tongue out at my elder brother. Damian opened his mouth to protest, but slammed it closed when Tobias shot him the look.

"You know you were just played, right?" Damian grumbled, tossing the charger back at me. I barely missed the block hitting me in the eye.

I frowned, curling further into Tobias's chest for protection in case Damian thought to throw something else at me. Unfortunately, my hitman of a brother had excellent aim and never missed a target. That meant pillows were going to be hitting me for hours.

"Oh, yes, I'm aware. But she's really good at the whole 'kicked puppy' expression." Tobias said, running a hand up and down my back as I snickered.

Zion stepped into the room, rambling in Russian at someone named Vlad.

What a cheesy Russian name, am I right or am I right?

I'm right. I know.

"Everything alright?" Sinclair asked, tensing when he noticed how upset Zion looked. My brother shook his head, glancing towards me and then looking back down at the phone he'd just pulled away from his ear.

Ah, so this was how they were going to play it. Alright then.

"Since you gentlemen don't feel like sharing, I'll be on my way then." I said, noisier than necessary. I rose from Tobias's lap, not missing the grumpy look overtaking his face, eyebrows furrowing as I moved away.

"Baby, you okay?" Damian asked, real concern flashing in his eyes. I cocked my head, confused for a moment.

I did a tally. I had all my clothes on, wasn't sweating or crying or puking, and certainly wasn't bleeding, so I was fine.

"Yeah, why?" I asked, taking a slow step towards the door. Damian was on the edge of his seat, looking like he was ready to catch me at any time.

"You're really pale, sweetheart. Are you sure you're feeling okay?" Zion asked, his heavy hand landing on my shoulder.

It was like as soon as he said something, I noticed how wrong I felt.

It was like all the blood in my body slowly drained from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. The world started spinning, the room rotating in circles around me. It was weird because I could see clearly in front of me but the spinning feeling was definitely there.

I needed to do a recount on my tally because I was bleeding.

Out of my nose, actually.

"Um, I think something's wrong." I mumbled, my knees buckling in an instant. Damian grabbed my waist and Zion grabbed me under the arms before I hit the ground.

And then, with my brothers calling my name in a panic, everything went dark.