Day 13 - Mother in law

Marinette hummed as she combed her husband hair with her fingers. He had longed fallen asleep making his features soften. His onyx hair was no longer the neat look her usually has since her fingers were running through his hair. Just then another voice started to hum looking up Marinette was shocked to see her mother in law Talia Al Ghul.

"Marinette we meet at last." Talia said coming into the light. Marinette tensed upon seeing her mother in law.

"Talia, I believe my husband family is the reason behind that." Marinette said through a strained smile.

"Well if that's the case why would they do that?" Talia asked as she sat down in front of Marinette.

"Because they believe that you would harm me in a way. Damian is a firm believer in that. And I can't say he's wrong once I heard from him how you treated him your own son." Marinette said glaring at Talia.

"I can't say that their completely wrong. But I can say that their not completely correct. Yes, Damian childhood was filled with training to take over the league. But, I wouldn't have harmed you in the way think I would. I simply want to assess you skill levels. If they are good enough I will leave you and my son a lone. But if they are not then I will end you." Talia said casually as Marinette eyed her suspiciously.

"In know that isn't everything. Damian told me you always have an alternative motive. I maybe you daughter in law. But that doesn't protect me from you at all." Marinette said continuing to combe Damian's hair with her fingers.

"You are a sharp one I will say that. But judging from your stature you don't seem the strong type. And my son needs a strong wife in both mind and physical." Talia said her eyes flickering to Damian sleeping form. Marinette smiles at this.

"You Amy have trained your son and think you know him. But you don't know him at all. It took along time for me to chip away at his walls. And when I did guess what I found. A boy who longer it be loved for who he was. He hid things from you and from his father. You say I don't understand him. And that I am not suitable for your son. But I think it's the other way around. You are not fit to be his mother and your are not fit to be my mother in law. So if you please Ms. Al Ghul leave me and my family alone. Yu are not welcomed near us." Marinette said with a firm tone and look. Talia got and smirked at Marinette.

"I was wrong about you. You are the perfect match for my son." Talia then left and not long after Damian woke up.

"Angel, were you taking to someone?" Damian asked with a frown thinking he heard talking as he slept. Marinette pecked him on the cheek with a smile.

" Yes, I was Demon. I was talking with my mother in law. All will say is that she should leave us alone now." Damian was alert but trusted Marinette. Though it didn't stop him from tracking Talia down after Marinette had fallen asleep and forced Talia to promise to never cause any harm to his family in anyway.