Chapter 2

"Morning boys!" Y/N chirps when they make their way downstairs around eleven.

"Something smells amazing," Jeff gasps excitedly.

"Where are mom and dad?" Liu asks, settling in one of the chairs at the kitchen bar.

"Who cares. We get Y/N's breakfast!" Jeff grins excitedly.

"They're celebrating so you're stuck with me all weekend," Y/N smiles, getting their plates piled with food before setting it in front of them. "Don't worry, I won't make you do too many chores."

Jeff and Liu both laugh at that, knowing that apart from cleaning up toys Y/N didn't make them do much of anything when she stayed over. She washes the dishes while they eat their food like starved men. They usually had to fend for themselves so getting a home cooked meal was a rarity and they enjoyed it when they got it. Maybe if Y/N lived with them they'd always get a home cooked meal? Jeff and Liu glance at each other as the thought crosses both of their minds, looking at their big sister as she hums away with the water running.

"Hey! Don't stare at my butt!" She gasps as she suddenly whirls around, laughing when both boys flush bright red.

"You're mean!" Liu protests with flushed cheeks as he pouts in his chair.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'll take you to the mall if you forgive me?" She asks them with a smile.

Jeff and Liu look at each other before grinning and nodding their heads. Y/N smiles and clears away their empty plates, getting them washed before the three of them head out of the house. They cross the street and climb into Y/N's old car.

"Why don't you get a new one?" Jeff asks curiously as he buckles himself into the front seat.

"This one still runs though," Y/N points out as she begins driving.

"You have enough money for a new one don't you?" Liu asks curiously.

This is what Y/N loved about little kids. They did not have a filter on them.

"I do but I have a working car. When this one breaks down then I'll get a new one," She tells Liu. "And I'll let you two help me pick it out."

"If our parents let you live with us," Jeff points out.

"Do you think they'll say yes?" Liu asks. "You really wanna move with us?"

"I mean, I feel like part of your family. I think this town would be fine if I left it," Y/N tells them both with a shrug of her shoulders. "We'll never know until we try."

"You should still move with us even if they say no," Jeff tells her.

"Agreed!" Liu smiles. "I'm sure you could find a place close by."

"I'm sure I could but can I afford it? That is the question," She points out. "I'm sure we can figure something out."

They continue to chat about various things like school and where they might be moving as Y/N drives them, pulling into the parking lot and getting a spot before they head into the mall. They pull Y/N to a bunch of different stores, their big sister buying them anything and everything they wanted. They stop at a clothing store and Y/N heads inside to do some of her own shopping. Jeff and Liu look over the clothes and pick out a few things they thought she'd look good in. Y/N tries on the clothes before buying the ones that fit and looked good on her, the three going to the food court after a little more shopping they each get choose their own restaurant before convening at one of the tables with their food.

"Some of my classmates have been talking about this mythical being," Jeff says as the three of them begin to eat.

"Oh yeah? What is it this time?" Y/N asks them curiously.

"Slenderman," Jeff tells her.

"Oh? I've heard of him," She chuckles. "He's not so scary."

"I could take him on. I'd be a master at his game," Jeff declares confidently.

"Mmm, I doubt any of us could but it's a nice thought," Y/N hums as she takes a sip of her drink.

"Some are being weird and talking about how much they want him to be their dad," Jeff says with a grimace.

"Yeah, you'll get crazies in all kinds of fandoms," She tells him with a laugh.

"Wonder if he'd be better than dad," Liu mumbles softly as he pokes at his food.

"Maybe? What do you think Y/N?" Jeff asks her curiously.

"Who knows? It would be interesting to have a killer for a father," Y/N tells them. "But who knows. None of us will ever know what it's like to be loved unconditionally by our parents."

"But you were always doing things. Surely they were proud of you?" Liu asks.

"I was being their trophy. Now that I'm old enough to make my own decisions as long as I don't do something illegal or that will ruin their image they don't care what I do," Y/N tells them. "They've never once told me they're proud of me."

"What?! But you've accomplished so much!" Jeff cries in protest.

"Thanks boys," She tells them with a smile.

"What do you think it's like to kill someone?" Jeff asks curiously.

"Hmmm, it depends on who you ask. For most people it's one of the most terrifying things you'll ever do. For others you get this adrenaline rush. Everything feels weightless and you feel so at peace. It's the best feeling you'll ever feel. That's why people keep doing it," Y/N tells him. "That's just what they say. We'll never know."

Jeff nods but a strange feeling creeps over him. Something fogs his mind and there's a feeling there he can't quite grasp. It's almost like a pool of molasses. Thick and sweet but he had no hope of diving in. He didn't know how to reach the feeling. He wanted to tell Y/N about it but how do you help someone when they can't tell you exactly what they're feeling? Maybe part of him was even scared to know.