Chapter 4

"Y/N! Over here!" Shelia calls, waving to her with a smile.

"Hey guys. Sorry I'm late. The parents ran a little late," Y/N smiles, settling in the booth beside Jeff and Liu.

"Don't worry about it. We just ordered drinks and appetizers. We got you a frozen wine," Matt tells her.

"Thank you," Y/N smiles. "You didn't have to invite me to your celebration dinner. I'd have understood if you made it just the family."

"You're practically family, Y/N. We couldn't possibly celebrate and not include you," Shelia protests. "Plus we owed you a thank you for watching the boys."

"Oh, it wasn't a big deal. I'm glad you two got some time by yourselves," Y/N smiles.

"What if Y/N moved in with us?" Jeff asks suddenly, catching everyone by surprise.

"W-Well, Y/N has her own life Jeff. I doubt she'd want to abandon everything just to come live with us," Shelia laughs nervously.

"She could be our permanent babysitter. Or a nanny?" Liu points out. "She takes care of us all the time. Why not let her do it permanently?"

"Again, Y/N has her own life. We can't ask her to just abandon her entire life for us," Matt tells them.

"If I said yes?" Y/N asks, the two parents looking at one another in surprise.

"It would certainly be helpful," Matt mumbles softly.

"True, it would be a lot of help but that's such a big ask. You have a life here! To ask you to uproot it....." Shelia trails off.

"Your boys are honestly my life. There's no one I enjoy watching more than them. I can pay rent and everything," Y/N tells them with a smile, the two boys watching their parents. "Only if you'll have me. I don't want to impose."

"Y/N, you could never impose!" Shelia protests.

"We couldn't expect you to pay rent. Biggest thing we ask is that you cook and clean. Territory that comes with watching the boys," Matt chuckles.

"Yes! Of course! I can do that and more," Y/N smiles excitedly. "So, will you have me? I don't have a lot that I need."

"Yes!" Shelia gasps, a bright smile on her lips.

"Yes!" Jeff and Liu cheer excitedly.

Y/N smiles in delight, the five of them enjoying dinner and celebrating two things that night. Y/N gets started on packing her room and saying goodbye to her childhood home, loading her car with clothes and important keepsakes that she wanted to keep with her over the next few weeks. At last, moving day arrives. Jeff and Liu insist on riding with Y/N, Matt and Shelia getting into their car before the five of them begin the drive across the state to their new home. The house Matt and Shelia bought is a large, two story, picture perfect house in the suburbs. With a nice landscape in the front and back the six bed room house didn't really stand out much in the neighborhood. It was obvious that it was meant for people with money.

They get unpacked over the next week before Matt has to head off to work, Shelia getting all fancied up before she goes to a local house wives meeting down the street. Y/N and the boys are playing catch in the front yard, a few of the neighborhood kids coming down to see the newcomers.

"Hi there! You guys wanna play?" Y/N asks, her dazzling smile helping the kids to relax.

Usually women wore dresses and went to tea parties, they didn't play rough and tumble with the boys, but her kind smile and shining eyes help the kids relax. Soon they have a game of football going, everyone cheering for Y/N's team as they run around the yard. A few of the girls bring out their pompoms and cheer on the teams as they play and run around. The kids chatter with excitement when the familiar tune of the ice cream truck begins to play, a few running home to call their parents to ask for the sweet treat. A few watch on with dejection when they're turned down but Y/N turns those frowns into smiles, buying everyone who didn't get a 'yes' for ice cream. They all sprawl out on the immaculate green lawn as they eat their treat.

"So, is she your big sister?" One of the girls asks Jeff curiously.

"Oh! Uh," Jeff hesitates a moment, looking at the smiling woman before a smile comes to his lips as he nods his head. "Yes she is."

"Best big sister ever!" Liu cheers, Y/N looking at the boys in surprise before her features soften as she smiles.

"How come you're so much older?" One of the boys questions.

"They were surprises. I asked Santa for a sibling and he brought me two," Y/N tells him.

"Are you married?" Another boy asks.

"Nope!" Y/N smiles, a few of the kids gasping in surprise. "I just haven't found anyone I love yet."

"But what about having kids?! What if you get too old?" One or the girls asks.

"Then I'll adopt or foster," Y/N tells them. "I have options. My life doesn't depend on a man."

"But my mom says every woman should have a husband by twenty-five," One of the girls points out.

"Bummer! I've only got a few months!" Y/N gasps softly. "Oh well. Guess I'll just die alone."

"My brother is single!" One of the boys cries. "I can introduce you!"

"I appreciate it but I'm okay. I'm not looking for anyone," Y/N smiles gently. "I'm too busy with these two anyway."

"If you love them so much why don't you marry them," One of the little boys tease.

"Oh? How about I marry you!" Y/N teases, crawling over and attacking him with tickles.

"Ah! Hey!" He protests with a laugh.

As evening descends Y/N heads inside and gets dinner made, getting herself, Jeff, and Liu served before putting the food back in the oven to keep warm. The three of them chat and eat their food before relaxing with some television. Their parents return home around eight and Y/N gets them dinner before they go into their separate rooms for the night. Matt and Shelia slept in the same bed but that was only as far as it went. They did everything separately unless Matt needed to show off his wife for work or parties. Now that Y/N was living with them she realized just how checked out of their lives Jeff and Liu's parents were. She couldn't replace their mom but at least she could give them the love they were missing out on.