'Camping Out' On the Clearing

'Arvana Guild' the sign read. I was disguised once more as Nova. Entering the guild building with my black hair tied in a neat high ponytail and charming grey eyes, I was the center of attention.

"The girl who was promoted to S-rank..."

"The one with five attributes?"

"Pretty..." I grinned at the last comment. I am more than 'pretty', good sir. I am the epitome of beauty, with my looks far exceeding those of the famed goddess Aphrodite herself!

"Hello, Mr. Receptionist, sir." As usual, I could barely see the top of the desk even though I was tiptoeing, so I used my gravitational attribute to float.

"M-Miss Nova... p-please accept my apologies for the other day." The man bowed hurriedly, and I just nodded and allowed him to stand.

"I want to try to take up a mission. Can you point me to the board?" I asked.

"The board is over there, to the right. Find the crowd of hunters and that's where it is." He pointed me towards a corridor, and I nodded in appreciation.

"Thank you, good sir."

I walked down and found the board. Pushing through the crowd of rowdy hunters, I finally caught a glimpse at the board.

The board was fairly simple and basic. It had a thick wooden frame and a cork board inside. On the board were papers pinned onto it. Each paper was a mission that guild members could choose to take up. The paper had information about the mission. The minimum rank, the mission description, and the pay were all included on it.

I looked through the jumbled and disorganized pieces of paper on the wall before I finally spotted something. Oooh, this seems interesting. I reached out to grab it but another hand grasped it as well, pulling half of the paper to their side. Wha- I looked around the hall in search of the second half. Ah! There it is. I used gravitational magic to fly out of the crowd and landed where the paper was.

"Hey, isn't that-" The person who had the other half started before looking at my face. "Gah!" He yelped.

"Hmmm... Ax? Is that you?" I asked.

"N-Nova." Ax answered.

"Yay! My playmate~ you're here!" I hugged Ax and threw him up in the air, startling him. When he landed, I took his piece of paper and put it against mine. "Hmmm..."

"W-wait. Nova, that's mine."

I smiled with an unreadable expression. I can copy Mother now... "Oh? Well, what good does it do for you to have half of the paper?" I responded sarcastically. He frowned, and I just laughed. "Come on. Just look at it with me."

He moved towards me hesitantly. "Come on, respect your elders and listen to my wishes." I teased.

"You're just three years older than me!" Ax whined. Well, technically, I'm four years younger than you as Alice and sixteen years older than you as my past life and my current form, but you don't need to know that, do you?

We both read the paper.

Rank requirement: S-Rank

Personnel required: Two hunters/adventurers

Payment: 160,000 gold coins

Task: Eliminate dragon currently rampaging through western regions of the Xenithan empire.

"Wow, that's not a lot of information. 'Eliminate dragon'. Seriously, that's all it says? Nothing about it's mana capacity or capabilities? Just 'eliminate dragon?'. Wow. This is my first mission and I'm already starting to regret it." I commented wearily.