Vol. Three Ch. Eight: Rendezvous

~Third Person~

"Warning: Safety Barriers Failing."

The Pilot would see Ruby was unresponsive to everything as he growled out trying to think of what to do. Everything was now out. His secrets, Cinder even threw the IMC under the bus and they were sitting right next to her. Cinder was the one now pulling a Scorched Earth.

"Ruby, please!"

Shaking her shoulders as he sat in front of her, panicking people who were once watching a fight were now fleeing for their life. The reason was that same Giant Nevermore that would continue to peck and jump on the containment field before flying above to circle the stadium yet, it was actually winding up an attack. Seeing this, the Pilot growled out as he heard Jaune call out to Pyrrha in a tone that mirrored his own towards Ruby. Then he saw something that made him ponder for a moment before shooting his gauntlet forward before a grappling shot out. Grabbing onto what he saw, the line began to be reel it in yet, he yanked his arm when it was at a good enough distance. Catching the hilt of a weapon, it was shown go be one Penny's swords.

Looking at it for a moment, he frowned until he gained a determined growl as he then grasped Ruby's hand. Placing it within her grasp as she then awoke from her thousand yard stare to see the blade in her hand and her heavily injured friend. A friend who would give her a smirk that was more determined than anything.

"Ruby...no matter if you lose me, Pyrrha...Penny, whoever! We will be with you. I need you to stay strong right now because I know you are. You're the first person I laid my eyes on in this world when I got here. And since then? You've proven yourself fo be strong. So, please, take this and wield in Penny's honor."

Ruby's cute little smile would return as a tear ran down her already tear stained face yet, she wiped away to stand up. However, that Giant Nevermore suddenly dive bombed into the shield and shattered it completely as a gust of wind from the impact it had caused them to yelp out.

Meanwhile, Pyrrha was shot backwards with a heavy roll, as was Jaune who was trying to reach her. Landing on her rear, she covered her face with the Giant Avian Grimm screeched out at Pyrrha. Who was still shocked from, well everything, as it soon charged forward yet, it was met with a flurry of roses that had a small streak of (F/C) intertwined with it. Now against the Nevermore, Ruby was seen with her feet planted against it as she soon gave the blade stuck in it a deeper push before jumping backwards. Landing next to Pyrrha as the Nevermore stumbled after being impaled only to have a roaring Pilot slam himself into its head with a heavy kicked that dropped it to the stage's floor. Rolling on the ground, the Pilot would stand onto his feet opposite of Ruby as he held his Data-Knife in one hand and his Wingman in the other. His helmet was currently off and stuck to his side

"Ruby...? (Y-Y/N)!?"

"Leave her alone!"

"There's a saying where I come from, this is the fight I was born for!"

(Y/N)'s determination alongside Killer Instinct was shining through with a malicious cock of his Wingman's hammer as Ruby whipped Penny's blade in front of her. She wore a large scowl that was both angered yet, determined just like her "brother from another mother." Seeing this, the Nevermore would screech out as it took to flying above the three with the Pilot taking potshots whilst Ruby stood at yhe ready. Soon enough, the Nevermore would turn around to begin coming at them low and fast yet, mid-flight? The Nevermore suddenly began to be pelted by locker-pods landing on its body as it was forced to land with a harsh skid. Landing a mere couple meters away from the trio as it let out a defeated screech. Falling unconscious soon after from all the pain it just endured in a single moment.

~First Person~

I...what...just-? Before I could even ask my question, I got my answer in the form of the owner's of those weapon lockers grabbing them after the doors unlocked. Showing literally EVERYONE of our friends since I've arrived at Beacon. Jaune, Nora, Ren, all of Team SSSN, CFVY, Team ABRN surprisingly, even fucking Flynt and Neon...!