Chapter 5 - The Bakugo Family

Living with the Bakugo family have been really chaotic but easy. The old hag yells a lot and the old man is almost always trying to calm us down. Especially when the old hag and I argue.

For some reason I always feel VERY uncomfortable when I try to call the Bakugo couple my 'mom' or 'dad'.  So 'old man' and 'old hag' have became what I call them.

Even so, I tend to feel a bit of instinctual fear when the words 'old hag' leave my mouth. But I can't figure out why?

Putting aside all of the arguing that has happened in the last two months. I actually really enjoy being a part of the Bakugo family. So much so that I regularly make my hair a spiked blond, like the old hag, and I often wear red contacts. I do this partly because I enjoy it, but mostly so people will believe I'm the Bakugo's biological son. The old hag and old man don't seem to mind it one bit either.

Today, another family that lives in the aria is coming for a visit. The old hag is apparently high school friends with them and they even have a kid my age. What was their family name again? ...Madie?...Midew?.... Oh! Midoriya. Ya that's it.

I was just laying in my bed with my frog plushie when I heard the doorbell ring.

"Katsuki, can you come down here for a minute?" The old hag called me.

"Coming," I walked down stairs to see the old hag by the door next to a woman with green hair and dark green eyes.

"Katsuki this is Inko Midoriya," the old man spoke from the bottom of the stairs. "And this is her son Izuku."

I looked down to see a little kid holding onto Inko's leg. Immediately, I knew that I DID NOT like this kid. I have no idea why, maybe his hair color? Or the fact that he was shy?

Ether way all I could feel was a sense of wrongness. Almost like this kid is the wrong version of... something?  And my instincts will not let me accept this kid in any way because of that. Why? Why can't I remember? If it is something this important, then I should remember why I feel this way.

The old had snapped me out of my thoughts with a glare that screamed at me to be nice. So for now I'll have to pretend I like this kid. And pretend his existence doesn't get on my nerves.

I walked up to the boy and held out my hand. "The names Katsuki Bakugo, nice to meet you I guess." Although my words were pleasant enough, I didn't bother trying to hide the undertone of irritation in my voice.

That didn't seem to bother the kid though. As if his shyness never existed he opened right up and grabbed my hand. "My name is Izuku Midoriya, nice to meet you."

*********
After that the years seemed to fly by. At first Midoriya and I were alright. We got along well enough, but he was practically helpless in everything we did. That, along with the fact that he cried a lot, irritated me with an unknown passion.

He was to different from.... Something. But at the same time he is to similar. Whenever he was near me all I felt was anguish and a deep despair for something that I couldn't even remember. But even if I didn't remember, everything else did. My instincts and my emotions, they all seem to remember something that I never will be able understand.

Although I managed to hide it well at first, over time my patience wore down until I couldn't take it anymore. I began to push him away. Hit, yell at, insult, anything to make him and the pain go away. I snapped at anyone who would try and get close to me. I couldn't take it anymore.

——————————————

After years of pushing everyone away, I found myself wanting to be a hero. Maybe for the money? Or I could be for the freedom that comes with it? But I think that my main reason being a hero, was kids. Kids that were kidnapped or killed.

I knew from the moment I first saw a news report about a child raspiest that I would become a hero to protect kids like that. I couldn't stand the thought of kids being forced to do anything against their will. I just wanted to punch someone at the mere thought of it. Since that moment I knew I wanted to be a hero.

——————————————

Years continued to pass, I grew to hate Deku. Slowly, I began to realize that I also feel a deep sense of longing inside the disparity I got whenever I was around him. I hated the fact that, no matter what I did, I couldn't escape the feeling or figure out where it came from. No matter what I did, it was inescapable. I wanted something back.... What is it that I want? What can make all of this go away?

Trapped in that endless cycle of hopelessness, little by little, bit by bit. I found myself bullying Midoriya, trying to get him to leave me alone for good. I didn't like the fact that I was hurting him. But what else could I do with this empty feeling constantly nagging at me. I felt nothing but an endless heartbreak whenever I saw a glimpse of his green hair.

For the life of me, I couldn't even understand why. Why am I feeling this way? Why can't I stop it? Just why? Over the years these kinds of questions just kept popping up in my head. But I have neither someone to talk to about this, or even a way to answer these kinds of questions myself. The only thing I'm sure of is that the green frog plushie I have, is the only thing that can bring me some comfort when I'm about to break.

——————————————

Things got even more complicated when my quirk manifested. Everyone around me said that it was some kind of an combustion quirk, based on the sparks that appeared in the palms of my hands. Even when I went to the hospital to test it, they said it was a combustion quirk. But for some strange reason, I couldn't shake the feeling that wasn't it. That was not the right answer.

Everyone in class started calling me a genius, especially Deku. It angers me to my core. What was so special about me? I can't even understand my own emotions, why are you praising me so much?

But I had to keep my tough guy act. If I didn't then everyone would know everything. Above all else, that simple fact scared me the most.

I don't know what to do anymore. I keep on hurting Deku even though he has been only loyal to me. At this point I didn't even know how to begin to apologize to him. But I can't seem to be able to. Especially when I constantly feel like I'm missing a fundamental part of me. A part of me that I will never even recognize or understand.

Just what is wrong with me? Why dose everything hurt so much?