XXVIII

It's Saturday morning.

4am on a Saturday and you're with Shinichiro in the airport, waiting for his flight and just trying to spend as much time with him as possible before he has to go.

It wouldn't have been just the two of you this morning if the kids didn't tire themself out a few hours ago crying into both of your laps in the middle of the night after it settled into their heads that both of you will be going out today.

Safe to say, it was quite a difficult night. Both of you weren't able to sleep, trying your best to comfort Manjiro and Emma as they sniffled into your shoulders, not at all letting go. You were planning on taking them with you to the airport to see Shinichiro off but since they only managed to fall asleep two hours ago, it's better to just let them sleep or else they'll be tired for the rest of the day.

Tired and sad.

So now, you're cuddled into Shinichiro's side as the two of you talk about a certain white-haired kid.

"I really want to have him meet the rest, y'know? But I feel like it'll just make it hard for him if we let the three meet and then take them away again since we still can't legally adopt Izana." Shinichiro lets out a sigh, the stress and lack of sleep getting to him as both of you think about your future plans.

Taking his hand in yours, you start massaging his palm, mindlessly pressing a kiss on his shoulder. "Yeah, it's complicated. And it's not like we can just take Izana and leave Kakucho behind... they're really close, 'Zana always tells me stories about what he did with Kakucho everyday and I feel like it'll be unfair if we leave Kaku behind."

It's too early in the morning and yet, your whole body already feels so heavy from thinking about what you can and can't do when it comes to Izana and Kakucho.

Izana and Kakucho.

You and Shinichiro have been keeping in touch with the two and know that those two will never be able to live happily if they aren't together. Their bond is just something else and even trying to separate them will just be monstrous.

"I guess we'll just have to give it more thought. Hopefully, in the future, we'll all be complete. Living with grandpa... well, they'll be living with grandpa while we..." Pressing a kiss on your forehead, Shinichiro smiles down on you. "We're going to have our own house, have our own family, maybe let the kids visit it every once in a while, make them babysit their nephews and nieces."

Raising your eyebrow, you remove your head from his shoulder to give him a look. "Nephews and nieces? Just how many kids are you planning, Shin?"

Chuckling, he makes you rest your head on his shoulder once more, a kiss pressed on the top of your head as he answers, voice dripping with delight even when you know that he's about to pass out from exhaustion. "I'm thinking about 3 boys and 3 girls, what do you think?"

"I think that you're delusional. We can't take care of that many kids."

"But you're already doing it yourself. Just how many kids are you involved with right now, huh? Mikey, Emma, Izana, Kakucho, Baji, Draken, Mitsuya, Kazutora, Pah Chin, and that's not all. You also babysit Takeomi's siblings, Haruchiyo and Senju." Listing off the kids' names, you can't help but roll your eyes when you see him give you a look. "You're practically a mother to a dozen kids while I'm only asking for half of that. We can totally handle six kids. While you're pregnant, I'll take care of everything and anything. You want oranges with peanut butter and chocolate? You got it! You want barbecue and strawberry syrup in the middle of the night? I'm already heating up the grill. You want me to massage you? I'm taking out my massage oil collection. Anything you want, I'll be at your beck and call!"