Chapter 16

A/n: I'M BACK PPL

Third POV

The silver-haired girl stood outside the room next to her colleague. Her eyes showed worry for her friend inside. Who wouldn't? If things went wrong, the cerulean jewel eyed girl could die.

Even the red haired man next to her was fidgeting with worry. He would've stopped her if he could, but, she was royalty, and he was a knight. her word was law.

It'd been just 10 minutes since they'd been asked to stay outside the room, but they were still restless. The  silver haired girl didn't believe in god, yet here she was praying to any deity that would hear to help her friend and her father.

The door opened revealing a red eyed man.

"It worked."

Those two words were enough for the duo of knights to relax. They entered the room to find the Obelian emperor sitting on the bed with his daughter peacefully sleeping next to him.

The red haired knight burst into tears at the sight of his bosom brother alive and well. He wrapped his arms around his friend and bawled his eyes out.

Claude clicked his tongue.

"Felix, that's enough. You'll wake Athanasia." He says.

"Y/n."

The silver haired looked at her red eyed soon-to-be-husband/friend.

"Lucas." She breathed out before turning to look at her sleeping friend. "Is Athanasia alright?" She asked.

Lucas nods. "She's just sleeping right now. she'll wake up soon." he says taking her hand in his.

Slowly Athanasia's eyes opened tears falling out, which made Y/n panic for a moment. 

"So you've awoken, Athanasia." Claude says

"Hello daddy."  His daughter answers.

*****

Second POV

You, Felix and Lucas left the room for Claude and Athanasia to sort things out.

"Quit eavesdropping, it's rude." You say, pulling Lucas's ear. 

"OUCH. What the hell, I wanna know what's happening." He says, while you drag him away from the room.

"I do too. but that conversation is something that has to stay among those two only." You say.

"Okay, okay, I get it, so let go." He says, and you let go.

An awkward silence took over. The two of you hadn't really had a face to face talk after your sudden proposal. Now without Athanasia along with the two of you, things just got extremely awkward.

"uh- so... I wonder what they're talking about.." You say, trying to break the silence.

"We would've found out if you hadn't dragged me away." Lucas deadpans.

Your face erupts in red as you mentally face palm yourself for saying something stupid.

"Th-That's because I have manners unlike someone." You say, trying to defend yourself.

"Says the one who proposed without a ring or flowers. It was so unprepared I almost cried." He says, faking an expression of sorrow.