63.

Penelope.

"Do you have everything?" I asked Harry as I leaned against his countertop, a half empty mug of coffee in my hand. He let out a yawn and nodded, holding two duffle bags in his hand, "I think so. Remind me of things I can't forget?"

I puckered my lips and held out one finger, "Underwear?"

"Check."

"Toothbrush?"

He nodded, "Check."

"Uh – clothes?"

"Check." He chuckled.

"Presents?"

"That's a trick question," he smirked, "they're already in the car."

I giggled, "Good to know you're wide awake. Alright, um, phone charger?"

His eyes widened, "Fuck! Thank god!" He turned around and hurried into his bedroom again as I finished up my coffee. He held his charger in his hand when he got back, "Check."

"I think that's all. You're going home after all, you know. Anything you've forgotten, your mum will have as well."

"That's true." He yawned again and I smiled, "Are you sure you're good to drive?"

"Mhm." He assured me while stretching his arms, "We should get some coffee for the drive, I'll be good once we're on the road, promise." He walked over to me and softly pecked my lips, making me smile. His fingers lingered on my jaw before he pulled back, "Let's load the car and get going, Gem's already blowing up my phone."

It was around eleven in the morning and we were starting our drive to Holmes Chapel. Harry and I had spent the night at my house after Dave's Christmas triple eve party and Harry definitely had a bit too much to drink. He got quite handsy in the darkness of the living room, and I thanked the lords nobody had seen him grope my ass or hike up my dress inappropriately.

It resulted in him having a small headache this morning, and it was the reason I had denied him sex last night because I knew we needed the sleep. A drunk Harry was a very horny Harry, but I had firmly told him off no matter how needily he grinded his hard length against my thigh beneath the sheets.

I should have a pair of handcuffs at my house to tie him up to the bed so he could keep his wandering hands to himself. I had pried him off multiple times until he groaned in frustration, "This is like the sex ban all over again!" He had complained.

And as if that wasn't enough, Dave had judgementally glared at us when we went upstairs to go to bed. If looks could kill, Harry was definitely very dead right now. Dave knew we had fucked here already – he actually didn't even know half of it – but he made it adamant that he did not want to hear us through the wall during the night.

Harry had been a little grumpy this morning and very clingy. He was a bit of a baby when he was feeling under the weather, constantly trailing behind me and leaning against me. His arms had been tightly holding me during the night, my head resting on his chest for once instead of the other way around.

I had obviously planned for this trip far better than him. My bags had been packed since the day before so I didn't have to spend any time gathering my shit this morning. I had the outfit for today ready, just wearing a pair of light blue mom-jeans, my combat boots and a large cream-coloured sweater. I'd change into something cuter upon our arrival, but wanted to be mainly comfortable for the three hour drive up to Holmes Chapel.

"Let's go, come on." I nudged my head towards the front door of his apartment, assisting Harry in lifting one of his bags as we made our way to the underground parking garage. We'd drive down to Gemma and Michal's place first to pick them up and then we'd all make the drive together.