Chapter 1

Jadeite Peak was a villa district located on the outskirts of the capital. Because it was built early on, the district wasn't very far from the city center. However, due to its location, most of the people that lived in its villas were wealthy and influential.

The Jeon family was one of the first families to settle here.

They lived in a white European-style villa, three stories high with a flourishing garden, dazzling fountains, and noble sculptures. At first glance, only the kites flying above its lawn seemed to hold any semblance of eastern culture.

From the second-floor balcony, Mrs.Jeon frowned deeply as she watched her eldest son play in the grass with a young boy.

The second son, Jeon Huai, saw the dark expression on his mother's face and asked, "What's the matter, mom?"

"Your brother, of course." Mrs. Jeon sighed and headed back to the living room.

Jeon Huai glanced down at the lawn, then he turned around and followed his mother to the living room.

When Mr. Jeon saw the expression of his wife's face as she descended the stairs, he lowered his newspaper halfway and asked, "What's with the long face?"

"You're not worried at all," she responded with a glare.

"Who offended you this time?"

"Who else could it be but Jungkook?" Mrs.Jeon slumped down in the chair beside him.

"Jungkook? Isn't Jungkook pretty good?" Mr. Jeon asked, confused.

"All you think about is work, work, work. Don't you care about our son at all?"

"Of course I do! I was just as worried as you were when he became ill, but didn't the psychiatrist say he's already recovered?"

"Did you forget what Dr. Li's last instructions were?" Mrs. Jeon reminded him. "Though he's recovered psychologically, there are still several aftereffects, such as aggression, impulsiveness..."

"Jungkook served as a soldier, and a special one at that. Having a bit of a temper is normal," Mr. Jeon refuted.

"I won't waste my time arguing with you," Mrs.Jeon huffed. "Anyways, Dr. Lin said the best way to help him is to use familial love to slowly wear away his aggression."

"Then why are you still worrying? It sounds to me like we just need to keep living our days like usual."

"I can't tell if you're playing dumb or what! Dr. Li was clearly talking about finding a wife for Jungkook and letting him start his own family."

"That's why you keep arranging blind dates for him these days," he deduced.

"That's right!"

"And the results?" he asked.

"Not good," she answered in a somewhat unnatural tone.

"'Not good' is an understatement! You've been trying to set up our son with every suitable young lady you know. Even I've heard about it! They either refuse you on the spot or try to ask Jungkook for Jeon Huai's phone number instead."

"At this point, aren't you just causing unnecessary trouble?" Mr. Jeon continued angrily, "If things go on like this, it might even affect the relationship between Jungkook and Qin Huai!"

"How am I causing trouble? I'm doing this for our son!"

"Fangqing... I know that in our eyes, our sons are equally outstanding. But you have to realize that Jungkook went to war, suffered several injuries, and even came back with PTSD. We searched all over the world for a psychiatrist; everyone in our circle knows about this. If you really want to find a wife for Jungkook, you'll be better off looking outside of our social circle."