Chapter 58: Hunting Down Titus

Chapter 58

Hunting Titus Down

My mom's car stopped in front of the school. Rising to my feet, I walked over and climbed inside.

"Still no word from Titus?"

I shook my head. "He didn't call the house."

"No, he must be running late." She put the car in drive and started down the road. "I'll call Xavier and asked if he would please let my soon to be son-in-law be done for the day."

"I called the cave." I slipped down in my seat. "Darius said he thought Titus had already left."

"Well maybe Xavier sent him out on a last minute error." She gave me a smile. "Nothing to worry about, Aden. You are engaged to a werewolf."

"True," I sighed. "I just wish he'd hurry up and text me back."

Putting my knees up against the dash, I stared out the window. We drove back to the house, listening to the radio. My mom pulled into the garage and turned off the car.

"Thanks for coming to get me," I said as I climbed out and went inside. I tossed my bookbag on the table and went to the fridge.

My mother patted my back as she passed to cut up more vegetables that were still sitting on the cutting board. "He'll be fine, Aden."

"I know," I muttered, closing the fridge and opening the snack cupboard. I grabbed a bag of chips and sat down at the bar.

Shaking her head, my mother laughed. "Sweetheart, calm down."

"I am calm," I replied, before shoving a handful of chips in my mouth. "You do know Titus is coming to dinner."

"All the boy eats is meat." She pushed her knife down through a head of broccoli. "That ends today. I'm going to install some healthy eating habits before I hand my son over to him."

"They're werewolves, mom, and they look pretty healthy to me."

She cut up the broccoli into smaller pieces. "Yes, so think what a good dose of daily vegetables could do for them."

I munched on another handful of chips. "I guess. He'll eat whatever you put in front of him eventually." I slid off the stool, taking the bag with me. "I'll be upstairs."

"Alright," she broke apart a stalk of celery. "Oh Aden."

"Yeah," I replied from the stairs.

"He'll be fine."

I nodded and hurried up to my room. I knew he was going to be fine, I just wish he'd hurry up and let me know where he was at.

****

I sat at the table with my parents, staring at my phone. My mother and father were watching me.

"Should we just start?" asked my dad.

I didn't say anything.

"Aden," said my mother. "Let's eat, and then I'll call Xavier."

"Alright." I stood. "I'm not hungry." Going into the living room, I laid down on the couch and text Titus again. Why wasn't he responding to me? Whether his dad has him on earns or not, he should not be ignoring me. I heard footsteps and turned over to see my dad.

"You're mom's putting away dinner, and then we'll go out and look for him."

I jumped up and hugged him. "Thank you."

He put his arms around me. "Well, he is a part of the family. As much as I tried to fight him off, that boy is persistent."

I stepped back. "Did you call the alpha?"