prologue

On the planet of coruscant a huge debate is going on in the Senate building one of the debates being about the planet of Zeridian as it's people has refused to join the republic. Even further they have declined trade deals with them.

"We can't let this one planet defile us anymore." Shouts a senator.

"How can we have order in the galaxy if one planet is free from our laws. How will the rest of the republic react when this planet is exempt from our laws." He shouts.

Padme amidala a senator from naboo joins the conversation after the senator finishes.

"Forcing a peaceful planet to join the republic is not right." She brings up.

"Planets like tatooine that still practices slavery in the galaxy yet Zeridian an even further planet in the outer rim is being targeted. It's not fair to them." She says looking around for anyone who agrees with her with some nodding their heads at her explanation.

"But you fail to notice that tatooine is controlled by the hutts, and if we let's say do put an end to the hutts the economy in the outer rim will collapse since they control a large part of the economy there." He rebuttals back.

"Besides don't we all agree that it's a little fishy that there planet just appears when the separatist formed." He says as some senators linger in thought.

"How do we know they aren't trading resources to them so they can increase their manpower against us." He says letting his words sink in.

"This is why we need them to join the republic, before the separatist gets their hands on them." He shouts.

"And forcing them to join will make them loyal to us?" She questions.

"I could only see this backfiring against us. This would only anger them and their view of the republic will decline immediately after if we do this." She says as a majority of them start to agree with her.

"That may be true, but that is a risk we will have to take." He says.

Some people frown because of this statement but become shock with his next few words.

"Many of you may not know, but why do you think they only trade with mandalore only?" He questions.

"There have been many rumors that they have an entire stockpile full of beskar steel and are selling it at a cheap price too with a very limited amount planets being able to trade with them." He says.

Beskar steel is one of the rarest yet one of the strongest metals in the galaxy and the mandalore people almost never trade it, so them having an high amount came as a surprise.

With those words the building erupts in chaos as many of them shout in protest.

Padme amidala tries to speak but is drowned out by the shouts and side talk of others.

Fear is put into many of their hearts as this steel can turn the tide in this war and if what he says is true then whoever controls their stockpile of beskar can put the war in their favor.

This steel is one of the many main reasons why no one messes with mandalore in the first place. This steel and their attitude towards challenges is what makes them a deadly enemy hence why no wants to anger them, even the Jedi.

Although no one really talks about mandalore having this resource because it's usually well protected. But an unknown planet having an abundance of it is a scene for trouble since anyone can just forcibly take it from them if they have no military power. Or at least that's what they thought since them having a strong military to protect themselves would be unlikely for a planet like them.

"Order! Order!" Shouts chancellor palpatine as the Senate building starts to quiet down again.

"A vote in either the planet of Zeridian is to join the republic in it's fight against the separatist or to leave them be will start now." He states not giving padme the chance to voice her opinion.

As everyone vote the majority vote for Zeridian to join the republic as many of them felt that if they were left in unsupervised it could cause a future problem for them.

"It seems we have our answer. The planet of Zeridian will join the republic even if it will sadly be against their will." He states.

"If left unchecked though, it can lead to a spell of disaster in the future if their people sway to the wrong side." He explains as many agree with him.

With that said he walks away leaving with a hidden sinster smile on his face.

Padme on the other looks down in disappointment in her self as she feels she has failed the people of Zeridian as they want no part in this war and don't even have someone to speak and represent for them.

She can only think in worry at how they will react when the republic comes knocking at their door demanding them to support their cause.

What they don't know is that Zeridian is also part of a republic, but one far more powerful then they can possibly imagine and they just signed a declaration with them.

A declaration for war.