⇢︎ Chapter 31 : Let's Play Ball

Sugino, Nagisa, Y/n, and Karma were all walking side by side as they strolled around the main campus to get to their class

Sugino, Nagisa, Y/n, and Karma were all walking side by side as they strolled around the main campus to get to their class. They were all currently chatting with smiles on their faces. Even Y/n was chiming in from time to time about his thoughts.

Y/n was slowly getting more and more comfortable around class E. It was nice to see Y/n smile every once in a while, as his tone of voice have changed from being rude and rough to soft and, to an almost, caring tone.

"How about some fishing?" Karma asked since the weather was starting to get nicer and warmer by the day.

"Fishing?" Nagisa questioned, "That sounds like it would be fun!"

"There has to be a catch to Karma's 'fishing'..." Y/n pointed out suspiciously.

Karma couldn't help but give a mischievous giggle, "In the summer months, delinquents are the best kind of fish. We can use Nagisa and Y/n as bait and there's no limit to how many of the bastards we can shake down!"

Nagisa and Y/n sweatdropped at Karma's normal actions, "I didn't know that delinquents had a season," Nagisa said.

"I should've known, it's Karma after all..." Y/n deadpanned.

As the usual trio were chatting away, Sugino looked over to the side, seeing something that caught his eye. He paused for a moment as he stared a bit longer at his old baseball teammates. Y/n and the others noticed Sugino's pause and stopped a bit ahead of him.

"Sugino?" Y/n questioned as he walked up to the taller male, Nagisa and Karma behind him.

Y/n, Karma, and Nagisa looked to where Sugino was looking at. On the other side of the fence a bunch of boys were practicing baseball. Y/n's eyes slightly widened when the pitcher threw the ball right into the glove without the batter even realizing it.

"Good one captain!"

"Nice throw!"

The captain of the baseball team wiped the sweat that was dripping off of his chin as he turned to look outside of the fence. His eyes slightly lit up as he noticed a familiar male on the other side of the fence.

"Hey, hey! Look who it is!" The captain called out as he turned to Sugino, "Long time no see, Sugino!"

"No way!"

"It's Sugino, guys!"

Sugino looked to the side with an unsure expression as he looked back up at his former teammates. He smiled despite not really wanting to talk to them. He walked over to the fence as the other three followed behind him.

"Sup dude!"

"Why don't you come by and say hello to your old teammates!"

Sugino could only chuckle, a bit hesitantly, "Yeah I know, I suck."

"You're pitching in the big tournament next week, right?"

"Wel..." Sugino slight trailed off, "They haven't decided on me yet, but I would sure like to."