Chapter 53

A/N: Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

Chapter 53

***
Azula was left embarrassed, and Ty Lee wasn't far from it either as she explained how she accidentally got a book from one of the other female circus members. She held onto it and never returned it. 

"So yeah, that's the general gist of it," Sokka said with a proud smirk.

[Quest Completed]

[Rewards have been deposited in your inventory]

He ignored the notification and continued talking. "By the way, Ty Lee, do you still have that book?"

"...yes…" she answered softly. 

"Well, we are gonna read it together."

"Such debauchery, people enjoying pain? That's stupid," to Azula it felt weird and unnatural that people enjoyed things like that. "Kuzon, how do you know this?"

He had been asking Ty Lee and teasing her for so long. But as they arrived at the docks, Sokka decided to change the subject and point at it. "Oh, look, it's the ship. We should go and spar now."

This made Azula narrow her eyes. "You are going to tell me that. After making us like this, the least you can do is tell us a little about yourself."

"That wording is horrible," Sokka muttered, just out of Azula's hearing, but Ty Lee heard it and contemplated her friend's words once again and it made her chuckle. "Well, do you want a lie or the truth?"

"The truth, obviously," Azula said as if it was obvious.

"I had a girlfriend that was into it, she was masochistic. Though not to an excessive degree. She even taught me how to choke someone without leaving marks. Wanna try that Azula?" He asked, jokingly.

"Do that and I will burn your hands off," she answered simply.

**
As they walked into the ship, Azula wasn't angry anymore and Ty Lee seemed amused by some of the ridiculous stories Sokka told.

By now, no one cared about the spar, but Azula still insisted on holding it. Sokka requested a week break if he won. She accepted such conditions due to being confident in winning.

As the sun was setting, Azula was in her normal armor, while Sokka stood opposite of her with a spear in hand. Ty Lee was by the side and didn't know who to cheer for, as she too had gotten closer to them both and knew that Kuzon was a good guy. 

Sokka was unbothered by this and looked at Azula. "So? How do we decide the winner?"

"It will become apparent when the winner… wins!" She took a deep breath and shot out a dozen blasts of fire in his direction.

He looked at the flames heading towards him with a dismissive gaze and tilted his head to the side slightly, just enough to dodge the flame and its heat damage. Though as he had expected, the blue fire felt hotter than normal. "You truly are a genius firebender."

Though he said that with a sincere voice. The casualness that he dodged the flames with, made it seem like he wasn't telling the truth.

But in reality, the reason Sokka was so casual was that by now he had fought monsters. While Azula was agile and quite close to his level of speed, in comparison to the Nemean Lion she was slow.

Seeing this, Azula closed the distance, normally doing so against a spear user would be their weakness. But Sokka countered her style by dodging point-blank fires and getting out of the way of the blast in just the right moment. He was using this as a leveling experience for his [Danger Sense] skill that can't be leveled up in normal sparing. Because the sparring opponent wouldn't want to hurt him… but Azula did.