CHAPTER 23

Maze

"Ivan, I need to talk you please" I was standing in front of the door waiting for him to go inside. He just came back from work and I had to talk to him.

"Yes babe, what is it?" He said handing me his coat so I can hang it. I did it once and now he got used to it.

"So I need your help, I want to tell Dawn about Zora but I don't know how to break it to her" I explained sitting next to him, it's been a couple of weeks since Dawn has returned and I've been thinking about this for a while now. I looked at Ivan and he was biting his teeth and looking the other way. I knew he wasn't going to like it.

"What's going to happen after she finds out?" He asked quietly, I didn't reply I just stared at my hands.

"What's going to happen to us Maze?!" He whispered yelled, hold on I don't think he understands. I stood up and laughed.

"Us? Us?! Ivan there was no US in the first place, you cheated on me the whole time! And you think there is an us" I chuckled bitterly, he looked upset. I've never seen him this upset.

"Oh so now you care if I cheat?! After she's back?! You think I don't see the way you look at her Maze? I know everything!" He yelled, we kept yelling at each other when I felt something sting on my cheek. I put my hand on the painful spot and stared at him with wide eyes.

"Get the fuck out of my house!" I yelled, I grabbed the ring and pulled it off of my finger throwing it at him.

"We're done Ivan!" I yelled, his eyes still had the anger but this time they were different. He smirked and stalked towards me.

"I-Ivan..." I stuttered out, I kept backing away from him until I felt something block my way. He pushed me on the couch, and jumped on top of me.

"You think you have it all? You think you can do what you want and get away with it? Well think again" he whispered, he put his hands around my neck and pressed choking me. I scratched his face to try to get him off of me but he was stronger. The air was getting thinner by the second, but he didn't care he kept pressing harder. I gatherer all the energy I have and kicked him in the balls then bit his hand making him stop choking me. I fell from the couch and crawled away from him to get to my phone. I hid in the bathroom and called my dad.

Dawn

"Well Mr. Black I'm glad we're doing business, you won't regret selling your company to me. Of course we'll only be business partners if you accept my condition" I said leaning back on my chair, he gave me a curious look and asked what the condition might be.

"If you accept this" I pushed different papers toward him. Lee was giving a small smile and I nodded my head. She waved goodbye to Mr black and left the two of us.

"And what might these be Dawn?" He asked, I smirked.

"Engagement papers" I said simply, he still didn't understand what I meant.

"But Dawn, Maze is already married?" He said confused.

"I know she is, that's why I need you to break her off with her husband and ask her to sign these. When she signs these, the two companies will officially be one. Just like you always wanted" I explained, he was about to take the papers when his phone started to ring.

"Hey sweetie! How are.. Maze?! Maze! Are you alright! I'm on my way baby don't worry" he hung up on her and his face was paler than I've ever seen it. My heart was pounding in my chest, what could have happened to her.

"What's going on?" I asked as I followed him to his car, he was panicking and so was I.

He rushed through traffic in hope to reach his daughter in time, his daughter that I didn't know what's going on with.

He reached a huge building and we both ran to the elevator, he said Maze lived in the penthouse on the roof. I was not very patient waiting for the elevator and the building was only 7 floors. Mr. Black waited in front of the lift doors and I ran to the stairs.

The door was already open and I walked, no, I ran inside looking for Maze terrified that something bad has happened to her. I heard voice coming from one of the rooms and I pushed the already broken door to find Ivan sitting on top of Maze choking her.

"Hey!" I pulled him off of her and started punching his face, he was covered in scratches and bruises. It looked like Maze was trying to fight him off of her.

I kept on punching his ugly face wanting to make it unrecognizable I knew he was still conscious because he was trying to land punches on me but he failed. My knuckles were bloody and so was my suit but I didn't care.

"How dare you put your hands on a woman! Let along a woman who carried your child! I am going to kill you!" I punched him harder, he chuckled sarcastically.

"You see that's where you're wrong, that woman doesn't deserve love or pity, she lied, to me, to you, to her dad. Even to that poor child" he coughed, I don't understand what he's saying.

"Would you forgive her if you knew she's not telling you the truth? Would you? How about you go ask her yourself who's the real father of Zora? I dare you..." I stared at him horrified not really believing what he's referring too, I mean I did notice the resemblance between me and her kid but Ivan and I have similar features so I never assumed she was mine as well. I banged his head one last time making him unconscious and ran to Maze who was barely breathing. How can you do this to me Maze? How can you hide my child from me? I picked her up and I was met with Mr black at the door. She had to go to the hospital. And this doesn't end right here.

********************
The truth is out and all we can do is wait for Maze to explain herself....

-S