Wattpad Original
There are 15 more free parts

Chapter 18

Maddie

"Okay, you honestly can't tell me he's not into you!" Maya squeals and practically jumps on top of my comforter. She had listened in on the conversation between Ethan, Cam, and me from my room, and now she was just hallucinating.

"In what world does that mean he's into me?" I laugh and watch as she opens up a bag of Doritos, sticking out my hand so I can grab one. "Did he or did he not just have sex with a completely different girl this afternoon at school?"

"Okay, yes," she admits, "but sometimes guys are just idiots, Mads. When is the last time you've ever heard Cam talk about anyone like that? He doesn't just say things to say things."

Even if that were true, I still wouldn't give him the time of day. He almost gave us away to Ethan, and for what? What game is he trying to play? We get into a fight earlier and now he wants to joke around and act like everything is fine after he slept with someone else?

Then again, wasn't I the one that said he wasn't my boyfriend? And he isn't. He can sleep with someone else if he wants to. It's not like he cheated, but it still hurt all the same. I know that's who he is, and I keep acting like I'm fine doing whatever the hell it is we're doing, but I'm not.

I don't comment anymore on the subject. Instead, I flip to a random channel and scroll through all of my social media mindlessly, eating chips while Maya braids her hair in my mirror on the floor.

It's not until there are knocks on the door that Maya wiggles her eyebrows, and I immediately shoot her a death glare.

"Yes?" I call out. "The door's open."

Cam opens up the door, and he's got that flirtatious grin spread across his face. I love that damn grin. As soon as he sees Maya on the floor doing her hair his demeanor immediately changes, though. "Oh," he says awkwardly. "Sorry, I uh...didn't know you were here Maya."

"Don't apologize." She's grinning way too hard, and if he weren't standing right here I'd punch her straight in the arm. "If you need me to leave I can go."

"You don't need to leave." I blurt out. The last thing I need is to be left alone with him. "What do you want, Cameron?"

He hates that I've used his full name. His eyes narrow slightly before he clears his throat. "I was just wondering if you wanted Chinese food. Ethan is ordering."

"He already texted me. He has my order." I shoot back. "Anything else?"

The expression on his face softens, and my heart completely drops down into my stomach. He looks sad. Almost as if he's sorry for what happened, and I'm wondering if that's what he originally came here for.

"No," he mutters. "That's it."

I stare after him as he walks to the bathroom, and when he finally disappears I get up to shut the door to my room with my back, seeing Maya packing her things up. "What are you doing?" I ask.

She snickers quietly to herself, shaking her head as she shoves her notebook back into her bag. "I'm going home," she replies. "You need to work out whatever the hell is going on. It sure as hell is more than friends with benefits."

"Maya," I groan, tired of repeating myself. "He's not into me! This is Cameron Holden we're talking about, okay?"

"You are in pure denial, chica." She pats me on the shoulder once she reaches me, and a part of me begins to wonder if she's right. "Call me later with all of the details please."

Was Cam coming up here to apologize? Did he honestly feel bad about what he did?

Did he even want to have sex with Sadie?