Why Are There Two? / The Others' Perspectives

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Author's note: When in the same scene, I'm going to refer to the two Rimurus as 'Rimuru (one)' and 'Rimuru (two)', the latter is the one who just entered the room.

Iruma POV

I do a double-take and rub my eyes to make sure they're working right.

Why are there two of them?!

The newly arrived Rimuru two walks up to Rimuru (one), looks at Kiriwo tied up on the floor, then fist-bumps Rimuru (one).

"Nice job, me," Rimuru (two) says, smirking.

"Hey stop, it feels weird being complimented by myself!" Rimuru (one) responds, awkwardly scratching the back of their head.

It appears I'm not the only one who's shocked because all the other people in the room, multiple men in black suits, are reacting similarly. They came in guns blazing, armed with familiars, weapons, and magic but multiple of the demons lowered them in shock. We're all just staring at the two identical people, not sure how to respond.

"Hey, I know you're a bit surprised right now, but shouldn't you arrest this guy or something? He just tried to blow up the school, y'know." Rimuru (one) says casually to the official-looking demons, pointing to the boy.

"Ahem, yes. Kiriwo Amy, you're under arrest!" one of them declares.

Two of the black-suited men grab the still-bound Kiriwo and lift him off the floor.

"Before I go, I would like to say something to my friend," Kiriwo says, looking at me.

"Please don't..." Rimuru (two) says annoyedly.

"...And don't call him that after you just tried to murder his real friends you sadistic freak!" Rimuru (one) protests.

"But I-" Kiriwo attempts to say something, but both Rimurus shoot more thread at him, covering his mouth.

"Mmph...mmph!" Kiriwo keeps trying to talk, but with his mouth completely covered, nothing intelligible comes out of it.

After being silenced, he is carried out of the room, futilely squirming to escape his bindings. As soon as he's gone, I see Grandpa push through the group of police. He runs up to and hugs me tightly.

"My precious grandson, are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine! But...uh..." I say, pointing at the two Rimurus standing next to each other.

" "What?" " both of them turn their heads in my direction and ask simultaneously, wearing the same expression and everything.

"Wh-why are th-there...um...why are-?"

" "Why are there two of me?" "

I nod my head frantically.

" "That's a trade secret!" " both of them say playfully, winking at me.

I groan at her (their?) canned response.

Why does she have to be so secretive!?