Is Everything Alright?

i decided to go find charlie i went to mickey's, the diner, where his mom worked. maybe she knew, so i stopped by. i walked in, the bell dinging above my head, but i stopped. a couple feet away i saw charlie crying into his mothers arms. "charlie?" i questioned walking over to them. "what's wrong?" i asked nervously. "it's hans." he sniffed.

"what about him?" i looked to his mother who just looked down. surely he's okay, i was just with him not even an hour ago. he seemed fine, he was happy. "he's...g-gone." he held back tears.

death is a strange thing. everybody mourns a different way. some people rebel and lash out, others lock themselves away. some people are lucky enough to not have to go through it at all. and to them, i'm jealous of that. but, death is a normal thing, people say, it's life. why is it so normalized to have people we love and care for taken away from us? wether it's so suddenly or expected, it still hurts just as much.

"no.." i shook my head backing up. "no, i was just with him not even an hour ago. he's fine." i shook my head looking to his mother. she looked up, her eyes were red, and swollen just like charlie's. "he's sitting in his chair, listening to hockey games on the radio, and lacing skates." i wiped the liquid coming from my eyes. i shouldn't be crying, i didn't have to. nothing is wrong.

"scarlett." casey reached out for me. i took a step back again. "i knew we were fighting charlie, but this is just cruel to joke about." so many excuses came to mind. surely one of them were correct? "he's gone, sweetie. i'm so sorry." she embraced me in a tight hug. "no." i sobbed shaking my head. "he's still here, he can't leave yet." i melted into the woman's arms.

the bell to the door rang again. in came aspen, bombay and maria. aspen looked like she found out, she had definitely been crying. as had bombay he looked miserable, more than usual, and he looked like he rubbed his eyes an awful lot. maria sped towards me and gave me a hug. "it's okay." she whispered while i took a deep breath. bombay hugged charlie while miss. conway hugged aspen.

it looked like a seen out of a movie. it felt like one too. i was never one to cry for these types of scenes in movies. they never felt real enough to cry.

i couldn't think about anything. my mind was so blank i couldn't even register my movements. i hadn't realized i was hugging bombay, then charlie, then aspen, until after the fact. we all said very long goodbyes and bombay took aspen and i to his house. we stayed in the guest room. it had a bunk bed, it was a room i helped bombay make for leo.

"you ready for bed?" aspen spoke up after hours of silence. "yeah, i just have to do something." my voiced rasped, i could only assume it was from crying and not speaking for a while. "alright, g'night. love you." she mumbled cuddling herself into the covers. "love you, a.j." i sighed getting up and going to the phone down stairs. i wasn't quite sure if the number i was dialing was right, but i kept going. "hello?" a tired voice spoke on the other side.

thank god the bank's were rich enough to pay for their sons own dorm or else small dick rick
would've ended up answer. "adam?" i questioned just to confirm. "scarlett? what's wrong?" he sounded more awake now. "did you hear what happened?" it was a stupid question to ask considering i'm 99 percent sure bombay didn't call and inform anyone about what happened. "no, why? is everything alright?" he asked sounding anxious.

"it's hans, adam. he's gone." i couldn't help but let out another sob. i've been able to hold them back for a total of thirty five minutes and fifty six seconds, but i guess i broke my record. "w-what? no, he can't be."

"yeah." was all i managed to get out. "i just wanted to tell you. you deserve to know. bombay thought it would be better if we waited until morning to let you guys know. but, i needed someone to talk to." i sighed leaning against the wall. "well, i'm always here to listen." adam said quietly and i noticed how tired i was. "i'll talk to you tomorrow. it's late, i'm sorry." i realized that i woke him up and maybe it was a better idea to wait until tomorrow.

"don't apologize, scarlett. it's alright. if you need to call again, i'm here. don't worry." he reassured me and i felt better, better than i've felt all night. "alright, thank you." i whispered before hanging the phone back up. i rested my head on the wall and dragged myself up the stairs. everyone was asleep so i was as quiet as i could possibly be. i sat in bed rubbing my temples hoping the pounding in my head would go away.

it didn't help. i tossed and turned, took the covers on and off, sat up and then back down. i wasn't comfortable, and i wouldn't be able to get comfortable.

-
sorry these past chapters have been so short
this was so sad to write