50|Preparations

3RD POV:

Ana was 8 months pregnant now. Since she was having twins she could give birth at any given moment. Since she could barely move she would spend most of her time in their new home decorating their home as well as the nursery.

Nico and Ana had decided that once the babies turned one that they would get married. They had convinced her to have a grand wedding so she had also been preparing for the wedding. She knew that once the twins were born that their hands were going to be full. 

Although the babies were going to be born they couldn't decide on names for them. They kept going back and forth. Evangelina had been staying with them to help around the house. They had already packed the hospital bags. 

"Mama." Ana groaned out. 

"I told you to stay in bed." Evangelina chastised her as she say her emerging from the hallway. 

"He was supposed to be here already. Is your husband holding him hostage or what?" At the moment Ana just wanted to be next to Nico cuddling in bed. She felt restless, and not to mention she was contracting but the contractions were far apart. 

"Sit down. Calvino and Nico are on their way so don't worry about it." She helped a waddling Ana to the plush white couch. "When were you going to tell me that you were contracting?" Evangelina rose an accusing eyebrow up. 

"They just started nothing I can't handle. The midwife told me when they started to get closer in minutes to give her a call." She winced as she felt another. She was giving birth at a private hospital everything had been arranged for the birth. 

"Oh! My grandbabies are coming soon." 

"Yes, and you know what that means. My brothers aren't too happy about our decision but it's going to be the best thing for us." 

"They have been preparing for your arrival. The interior designer emailed me the final details of the renovation's they should be done before you all get there." 

It had been decided that once the babies were six months old that they would permanently be going to move to the estate in Italy. Her brothers were not a big fan of the decision. They had to understand that they all had their things going on in their lives and she was going to be the Donna of the Italian mafia. It made sense for them to live back in Italy. Not only that but she wanted to raise her kids in the countryside. 

"You two need to stop being so indecisive about the names. I am tired of hearing you two bicker about it." 

"It's so hard. How do I know what name is going to be right?" Ana pouted hating that they hadn't decided on a name. 

"You'll just know when you hold them in your arms." Evangelina wore a big smile as if she was remembering giving birth to her two boys. 

~

It was 2:22 am. Ana didn't know if it was the heat or the fact that her contractions were becoming unbearable. Nico was dead asleep, while Ana shifted on the bed. Her eyes widened in realization as she felt the bed wet. Had she peed herself? No, her water had broken. 

"Nico! Wake up they are coming." She yelled in panic. Immediately he shot up from the bed grabbing his phone calling the midwife to meet them at the hospital. The bags were in the car already all he needed to do was take Ana to the car. 

Her face was morphed into one of pain as she kept breathing in and out. 

"It hurts so much." Tears were falling. They were in the car and Nico was driving as fast as he could. 

"I know baby just keep breathing." He began to mimic a breathing technique that he had learned. 

"You don't think I'm breathing." Anger laced her voice. The whole ride was with him trying to calm her down telling her to not push as she yelled back at him. 

They were in the hospital room. Nico had informed everyone about Ana giving birth. Right now she was practically breaking his hand as she pushed. The midwife was coaching her through and finally, the cries of their baby boy were heard through the room. She was tired but she still had to push. Not too long after their baby girls' cries could be heard. They were taken to be cleaned and brought back to have skin-to-skin contact with Ana. 

Nico sat beside her carrying their daughter as she carried their son. Their family was outside waiting in anticipation to see the new addition to their family. They were giving them space to have their intimate moment. They had been joking around saying that the babies were going to be nameless. 

"Okay, they are ready for you all." The midwife soon came out. 

They were in awe as they saw how small they were. They were small, but thankfully they didn't have to be incubators they were strong, but they did need to be in the hospital for two weeks to make sure everything was okay with them. Ana was sleeping due to how exhausted she was. She had fed them and instantly fell asleep. 

They all took turns carrying them. Alexei had his niece in his arms looking at her with adoration. 

"So have you both decided on names?" He looked at Nico expectantly. 

"Yes, but I am going to wait for her to wake up so we can tell you all together." He announced. Amaya was carrying her nephew, you could see her little bump. They were four months pregnant. Ana was happy that they were going to be able to grow up with cousins. Adrian and Isaiah were in the process of adopting. The twins both had girlfriends although they had not met them yet. Alek was still single living his life. Gianni and his girlfriend were set on not having kids until they were married. 

~

The two weeks have passed and they were ready to take the babies home. They were both strapped in their carriers ready to be put in the car. 

Nico carried both carriers while Ana walked in front with the diaper bag. Carefully they both strapped the seat in the car. Ana sat in the middle of both of the babies just in case they got hungry or fussy throughout the car ride. 

It seemed as if they both liked the car ride because it was the quietest they both had ever been. If one started crying it would set off the other and then two crying babies. The young parent had fallen in love with them the moment they set their eyes on them. It was a feeling like no other. 

Their miracle babies. 

Adora and Alessandro Accardi. 

Since they had struggled with deciding on the names they decided for them not to have middle names. Their features were starting to show and it was becoming clear who they favored more. 

Alessandro had Ana's eyes but that was it everything else he was Nico's look alike. Adora looked exactly like Ana except that she had little curls that she got from her dad. They couldn't wait to watch them grow up. They already had them wrapped around their fingers. 

Ana felt overwhelmed every time she looked at them. She wanted to give them the best childhood. Everything she lacked growing up she wanted to give to them. She had decided to go back to therapy because there were so many things that were left unresolved. 

Her childhood trauma was the biggest reason why she felt the way she did while she was pregnant with the twins. That feeling was always there but it amplified and took over due to her hormones forcing those emotions out. She just wanted to be the best mother to her kids. 

She felt complete. 

So this is the last official chapter before the Epilogue. Once the Epilogue is released I will have some bonus chapters. I will be posting the first two chapters of 'Katerina' by next week. 

-not edited
Please comment and vote:)!