Chapter 10

"So, what do we do now?" Jeff asks, resting in the car with Y/N.

"That's up to you. We've got plenty of money but you can't exactly go out into public. I mean with the mask and hoody it should be fine but we have to be careful," She tells him. "Where do you want to go?"

"This is going to sound stupid," Jeff mumbles, looking away from her.

"The only stupid thing is telling me you want to live a normal life after all this," Y/N laughs.

"What if he really exists?" Jeff asks.

"Who?" She asks him.

"Slenderman," Jeff says, looking at her.

"And if he does? What then? What are you going to do with him?" She asks him.

"I don't know. I just wonder if there's others out there like us. We could find a safe place to go where we can live as normal as possible," Jeff explains.

"You've been reading too much fanfiction Jeff," Y/N tells him with a sigh.

"But! They say there's a bit of truth in an author's writing! What if there's things out there we don't understand. If he's real and he's got a mansion full of killers! Imagine it!" Jeff says excitedly.

"It's a nice dream but it's not a reality. I mean, for your own curiosity sake I'm willing to go but I don't want you to be disappointed if we don't find anything," Y/N tells him gently. "Besides, I'm not a killer."

"But you could be! I could teach you!" Jeff says. "Give it a shot?"

"Jeff, I love you but I don't think that's for me," She chuckles softly. "I'll support you but I won't be killing anyone."

"Agh, don't knock it until you try it!" Jeff protests.

"I'm not doing it," She laughs. "But you feel free."

"Really? You'll let me kill?" He asks in surprise.

"Who am I to stop you?" She asks with a gentle smile.

"Most would call you crazy," Jeff tells her.

"Most usually do. I'm used to it at this point," She laughs. "Alright, so where are we going?"

"Wisconsin," Jeff declares. "Think we'll ever find Liu again?"

"I don't know. I just hope that he's okay wherever he is," Y/N sighs.

"He's a smart kid. He'll be fine," Jeff says, resting a gentle hand on her arm.

"So, we going to drive straight through or visit a few towns?" She asks him.

"Visit a few towns. Start getting my name out there. I was thinking of making it simple. Jeff the Killer," Jeff says excitedly. "You could write a story! I know you like to write!"

"Sure, gives me something to do," Y/N tells him with a laugh. "Alright, we'll make a road trip of it. I want to visit some of the hotspots too."

"You're driving me. It's the least I can do for you," Jeff tells her with a grin.

Y/N smiles and they begin their road trip through the states, Jeff painting 'Go to Sleep' on the walls when he kills. Y/N takes the time to write his origin story but leaves herself out of it, figuring he'd get more attention and sympathy if he didn't have someone there to support him. She posts the story under a random name, glancing up from her phone when he climbs into the car covered in blood, his eyes shining with excitement.

"I take it things went well?" She asks him with a chuckle.

"Y/N, the rush is amazing! Watching the life drain from their eyes! The fear as they realize you're ending their lives! It's almost like getting high!" Jeff cries with excitement.

His teeth glistens as he grins, well, shows his teeth in his grin anyway. That's how Y/N was able to tell some of his different expressions despite the permanent smile. That, and his tone of voice and body language, but she still relied on some facial expressions too. Y/N visits various capitals and hot spots in the different states they travel to, Jeff looking much like an emo kid as he keeps his face shielded under a mask and hoody. He sticks close to Y/N as they walk through the places they visit, most being empty as school had just started for the country. They made the excuse that he was homeschooled when people got nosy and asked questions, most melting under Y/N's sweet tone and smile before leaving them alone to enjoy their time together.

"You're too nice for your own good," Jeff complains as they walk through one of the towns.

"Being nice gets you further than being mean," Y/N tells him with a shrug. "Come on, let's get some take-out. What are you in the mood for?"

"Actually, some chicken tenders sound pretty good," Jeff tells her.

"Cool, we'll go to one of the restaurants. Want to come with or wait in the car?" She asks him.

"What the hell, I'll come with," Jeff says with a shrug.

Y/N nods and the two find a restaurant, ordering their food and waiting at the front while it's prepared. Y/N looks through the various brochures the restaurant had set up, glancing up at the television.

"The search is still under way for a young man named Jeffery Woods. Police believe he has traveled out of the state but are unsure where he may be. They are also looking for his nanny in hopes of having information on his potential whereabouts," The reporter says.

"I don't think they'll find her. Sounds like she skipped town. I don't blame her honestly, especially with both boys winding up cold blooded killers? She'll be lucky if her body isn't found," The guest speaker comments.

"That is true. It's entirely possible she's dead but I hope for her sake she's living a life somewhere. Y/N L/N, if you're Y/N L/N and seeing this the Louisiana police ask that you contact them," The reporter says.

"They'd get further putting up your picture," Jeff comments.

"Seriously, but I guess that's what you get with a small town. "It's better for us though. Makes it easier to travel."

"You really don't mind doing this?" Jeff asks, looking up at his sister figure.

"Not at all," She tells him with a smile. "Stop worrying. We'll be fine."