Chapter 4 - Welcome Home

We are taken to from what I remember Joshua's pack for the accusation of tresspassing but we all know what this is leading too.

The pack Beta is leading the way, while Alpha Josh is holding my arm as he leads back to his pack. Even the thought of it just gives me pleasant shivers down my spine and he's well aware of it. He seems to like the reaction he's getting which gets me frustrated.

I'm holding Darcy's hand tightly in mine as Lewis holds her other.

I catch Josh looking at me every few seconds, studying me. I bite my lip and look ahead of me. A few people are now surrounding us, curiously.

I look down at Darcy. She's holding onto my hand tighter and tighter as we come to view of the pack house. Her eyes hold fear. It's fear that I recognise. Same fear I saw in my brother's eyes at the day of the attack.

I shake the thought off and look ahead of me again. We're currently walking inside and up some stairs and into an office. Dissapointment overfills me as the Alpha lets go of my arm and walks to face opposite me by his desk.

"You should expect consiquences for trespassing my land." He speaks.

"We had no intentions to and you know that. Now let us go." I say in my commanding voice. I want to get away from him, I can't stay here.

He seems quite surprised and looks me directly in the eyes. Of course, I don't submit for the second time which confuses him enough to think why.

I see realisation spread across his features. He smiles. "Welcome home, Alpha." He tells me.

My jaw drops.

"We're not staying here. He have a place to go to." I say and glance at the pack Beta for help. He just gives me a grin.

"Well that's not important anymore. You're staying here so make yourself at home." He replies before exiting the office.

The pack Beta walks up to us. "I'm Will." He introduces himself to me.

"Lexie." I reply, miserably.

He smirks at that. Then he and Lewis introduce themselves and afterwards, he bends down to Darcy's eye level.

"I'm Will." He tells her, smiling.

Darcy takes a step away from him and behind my leg but after a few seconds she takes a hand out which Will shakes.

"I'm Dawcy."

We are escorted to our rooms by a pack Omega. She seems really friendly and caring yet I still don't trust anybody from here.

Me and Darcy are sharing a room and Lewis is in the one next to us. I wait for the woman, which I found out is called Veronica, to leave and then I start looking around. Darcy sits on the bed looking more confused than ever.

I smile and sit next to her.

"Mummy, why are we here? I want to go home now and open my birthday presents." She says.

I brush a few strands of hair from her face.

"I'll do everything I can to get us out of here, sweetie."

~~~~~~~~~~

Around an hour has passed and Darcy has fallen asleep on the bed. During that time, Veronica came to invite me down for dinner. I wasn't going to go but she said she insists.

I look through the wardrobe to find 5 dresses, surprisingly my size. There are also three pairs of shoes, different sizes.

I pick out a dark blue dress and black heels close enough to my foot size. Then I french braid my hair, messily and go downstairs, making sure to close the door so Darcy is safe.

As I walk into the dining room, all eyes are on me. There's about 8 people in the room. Josh looks pleased to see me. That will change shortly.

"Lexie! Good that you came." He says, gesturing for me to sit down in the empty seat opposite him.

"I would like you all to meet Lexie... My mate."

My eyes widen with shock. He just told everyone!

"Sorry I'm late everyone, Beta duties."

I open my mouth to speak but I'm cut off by a voice I haven't heard in so many years. I freeze and my head snaps to the owner.

He looks at me too, eyes wide open, shocked. Is this real?

"Tyler." I whisper. My heart is pounding and my throat is hurting. I feel like my eyes are about to start watering.

"Lexie?" He asks.

I bring my hand over my mouth and nod. He starts walking towards me as I run into his arms.

"Oh my God, 5 years..." Tyler trails off.

I start sobbing into his shirt as he plays with my hair like he did before letting me go.

"I missed you." I whisper.

Then I break the hug and do something I've wanted to do since I hugged him. I slap him, hard.

I hear a few gasps from the people sat by the table which reminds me they're there.

Tyler holds onto his red cheek and looks at me, more surprised than when he actually saw me. I think it's piling up on him.

"You were supposed to come back to me. You then left the pack when I came back and you never found me, brother." I say. I'm now angry about everything and I'm just letting it out.

I hear somebody stand up from their chair. Arms are wrapped around my waist which instantly relax me and that's how I know they're Josh's. I want to push him away but I just can't. I like the feeling too much, it's addictive.

"So this is your lost sister... What a coincedence." Says Josh, pulling me over to the chair again. Tyler sits down too, his cheek still getting redder.

Should I feel guilty? Because I don't at all.

Joshua is looking at me most of the time during dinner. He introduces me to his parents that don't visit often at all. His dad is a doctor. I try to look happy but I know they see straight through me. Is this my punishment for being on his territory? Having to stay here?

I also meet the Deltas in the pack which are also important, 3rd in command. Because the pack is so big, there's two Betas (my brother and Will) and four or five Deltas. Then there's more of the rest which don't get to dine with us, at least not often.

Dinner is going okay because I actually eat a bit of a potatoe and vegetables despite my lack of appetite. It's not too awkward even though all I do is sit quiet, glaring at Tyler and avoiding my mate's glances.

Suddenly I hear the sound of heels on a tiled floor to see a familiar chestnut haired girl appearing.

It can't be...

I frown in confusion and grit my teeth together as I see her face clearly. It has gotten slightly longer, her eyes brighter and her hair shorter but still in curls. Her eyes land on Josh who tries hard to avoid them. She scans the table, frowning at Tyler's bruised face, but smiling sweetly at everybody else until her eyes land on me.

Her expression is priceless but then again I bet so is mine.

"Lexie Louise Spencer or do I need my eyes tested?" She asks. I stand up and walk closer to her which makes Tyler instantly jolt from his seat to stop me from doing anything to her, which may I add, I had no intentions of doing anyway.

"That's right. Bethany Cody Evans or do I need to get my eyes tested?" I ask, copying her.

Her confusion fades and she gives me an evil smirk. "You haven't changed. Still that same attitude. Get over it because that's the past. I'm a very friendly and loved Delta around here now." She says.

I press my lips together. This is going to be a long night.

So it's finally up! Please vote and comment!
*unedited chapter*
-A