xvii. 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬

Lucia

Lucia.

It was lovely, it was beautiful. Vera wore a white gown, as did the rest of them, with the flower crown on her head and candle in hand. She'd been wondering off on her own before Willie approached her. "Hey."

Vera glanced away. "Hey."

"Can we talk?" he whispered to her, nodding his head when she met his eye. "I know you're upset with me. I don't want you to be."

Vera sighed. "What do you expect me to be? Happy?"

"I just wanna explain to you why I did it." Wilhelm nodded with a pleading look. "If you still wanna be mad, then I won't bother you again."

Vera exhaled, rolling her eyes slightly as the pair lead off toward the nearest empty room inside. Wilhelm had paced for a good while, looking to his sister. "So, Simon. We're..."

"Together?" Vera gapped.

"Not, together, together." he reddened in the face with a huff. "Like you were with Henry and Alexander."

"Secretly." Vera gave a single nod. "Okay. But what's that-"

"August wanted to pin it on him, the rest of the guys weren't gonna agree." Willie cut her off, talking quickly. "Especially Henry."

Vera sighed. "So to protect Simon, you throw Alexander under the bus?"

"I didn't know what else to do." Wilhelm admitted, chewing on his nails as he stared over at her. "I just...I didn't want to loose him."

Vera sighed, looking down. Silence passed a second. "I get the feeling. I guess it's just different now, because he was my...friend."

"I know. And if I would have known, I could have tried to figure out a different way." Wilhelm explained to her with a sad look. "I am sorry, really. I know it isn't fair, at all, especially not for him and you. But Alexander can get into another school and it wouldn't be weird for you to stay in contact with him. School is the only way I can actually see Simon."

Vera knew he was right. "I'd probably have done the same thing."

"How is Alexander?" Willie gave a questionable look.

"I don't know. His parents have his phone." she shook her head slightly. "I think I was too hard on Henry. I was just so angry at everyone and he got me immediately after I found out."

"Henry was the first to agree about Simon." Wilhelm admitted to her honestly. "He didn't want him to leave. I could tell."

Vera bite the inside of her mouth. "Maybe I should talk to him. See if we can get ahold of Alexander together and explain."

"I think you should." Wilhelm nodded his head, rocking on his heels. "I should have talked to you first."

"Well, i'm not full of bright ideas, am I?" Vera joked in the slightly.