Festival

Venti sat down by a field of dandelions, picking them up and blowing away the seeds. He may be a god but his pastime was simply sitting lonesome and admiring the beauty of nature. He had no interest in much else.

Nobody talked to him and he only spoke with a few people himself. The elf looking girl called Klee, she was spunky and sweet, although she seemed like an arsonist. Venti was young at heart so he considered the two friends.

Acting as a motherly figure to Klee was Jean, whom Venti had also spoke to. She was caring and a workaholic (unlike Venti who was an alcoholic)-- and was also easygoing.

Other than that, Venti didn't know much people.

So he pulled out his lyre and strummed a tune, humming lightly.

A few branches overhead shifted and one fell down, inches away from Venti.

"Holy Barbatos! Wait, I am Bar- oh for fuck's sake," Venti exclaimed.

He looked up to see a man plunge down from the trees. He had dark, green hair with lighter undertones. His eyes sparkled a true amber and he was pretty and tattooed.

Venti blinked. "Oh hello there! Who may you be? I'm Venti!"

"Xiao."

His tone was almost cold. Quiet and monotone. Venti immediately noticed his aura. It wasn't bad but it was intimidating.

"Aha.. come here often? I've been around the area and I've never seen you before!"

No response. Venti frowned and sat down again.

"Come oonnn~ you gotta say something, surely!" Venti pleaded.

"I... have no interest in talking to you."

Venti looked up at Xiao and squinted his eyes.

"You intrigue me, warrior. Why don't you talk? Scared? You have an anemo vision, so are you... an emo?" Venti said, and giggled.

Xiao crossed his arms, saying nothing.

He started to walk away so Venti went back to strumming his lyre. The music brought ease to the air and the environment softened. A few birds even peeped over.

Xiao turned around and took a seat, observing closely as Venti played the lyre.

"I see you watching. Don't be shy, sing along!" Venti cheered.

"Not a chance," Xiao snickered back.

"Uh-huh. Are you unable to admit that you enjoy my music?"

"I don't."

"Well take this- why don't you talk? I can sense you're a reserved person but music seems to lighten you. I know you aren't bad."

"Tch. Why do you care?"

"Because~"

"People don't talk to me so I don't either."

"Welll I'm talking to you now! And I wish for you to chat with me too! Then neither of us are lonely!"

"I'd rather be lonely than speak with people like you."

Xiao began to walk away. Venti peeked up, pausing his music.

"Have it your way! Toodaloo."

Xiao simply cursed in response and his figure soon faded.

What a damn strange specimen! Ain't that right, Hoot-Toot?

Venti patted a smile brown owl on its head and went back to enjoying the view.

. . . .

Days soon passed. Venti visited areas around Liyue continually, and caught news that festival was ongoing. A lantern festival. He decided to partake and strolled the town of Liyue.

The sky was dark but the environment was bright and effervescent. Luminosity spread throughout the air, golden and orange shining beams floating around. Venti took time to observe the crowd. A light blue haired girl with horns, sitting by a purple haired girl with a feathered dress. In the corner a dark haired girl sat alone, a plum colored hat covering her eyes. A strikingly gorgeous man with dark green- Xiao. Long time no see.

Venti was no coward, he approached the guy. He was eating a sort of tofu, and his aura seemed much more approachable this time around.

"Fancy seeing you here!" Venti greeted, a smile plastered on his face.

Xiao's expression was but neutral. "You," he muttered.

"Uh-huh. Enjoying the festivity, or not so much?"

Silence. Venti wasn't a fan of his conversation but he was interesting. Venti had to know more about him.

"Say, wanna meet by Dragonspine's outskirts when you'reup to talking? There's a warm campsite. I want to get to know you."

"Piss off. Don't pretend you like me."

Venti naturally flinched, almost taken aback.

"Pretend?"

No answer.

"I'm not faking anything. I know deep down you're dying for a friend."

Xiao's golden eyes switched from the tofu to Venti's aquatic eyes. Venti swore he saw a faint pink rise to his cheeks but the time of day made it hard to tell.

"...Fine, what time?"

"Afternoon."

"Okay."