chapter 2

"I really need a job." You sigh, carefully lifting the cup to your lips and taking a sip.

"Yeah, well. The newspaper will come in tomorrow, so I'm sure there might be a—," your friend raised a brow, staring at you with a concerned look on her face. "Are you alright, y/n."

You take a small breath and open your eyes to look at her. Your face was red, and tears were beginning to brim in the corners of your eyes.

"Ith hoh(it's hot)" You whine, fanning your mouth with your hand.

"Oh my stars, y/n!"

.

.

.

It's been 7 months since you've come to this place. During the time you've been here, you were able to gather some information on your current situation.

Apparently, your soul and body have shifted into the world and timezone where the game, 'FNAF Security Breach' not only exists, but is a reality in itself.

Leah, the woman who saved you 7 months ago, was the main key to you figuring this out.

At first, you didn't accept the stranger's hand so easily, feeling too frustrated and confused to open your heart. For the first 2 months, you gave Leah and her nephew, Gregory, a hard time despite how generous they were for letting you stay in their house. They even fed you and gave you a room to stay in. You accused them of kidnapping and lying, but very slowly opened up to them step by step.

It was all thanks to Leah and how patient she was with you. On the fourth month, you were finally able to hold short conversations. Progress only improved from then onwards.

You felt really bad for how you treated them, and promised to pay them back as much as you could. If it weren't for them, perhaps that rabbit figure would have really finished you off. Though, you have a hunch on who that masked mystery could be.

You started to figure out what was happening a while back when Leah was showing you around town.

Out of everything, one thing especially caught your attention. How could it not?

The large, colorful building covered in posters and flyers. 'Freddy Fazbear..' 'Roxxane Wolf..!'

"Leah, what's that?" You ask, pointing out of the window at the building. Your eyes were glazed over, your mouth slightly agape.

"Hm? You don't know? It's Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex. It's pretty famous in this country. I'm surprised even you don't know." The woman giggles to herself, continuing to drive while your eyes stay trained on the building before it completely disappears from you line of sight.

"No way..."

.

.

.

You take out your phone and start playing some music as you do the dishes.

Luckily enough for you, you still had your phone with you. Leah had safely taken care of your belongings that day when you first arrived.

You hum to the melody of the song, washing the dishes joyfully while you vibed to the music.

"/n.."

"n......."

"y/n !"

You carefully put the last dish in the rack, drying your wet hands on your shirt and taking out your earphones. You turn to Gregory with a playful grin on your face.

"Yes, kiddo?" You chime, tucking your headphones into your pocket and tucking a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Aunt Leah wants to talk to you." He says in his usual 'bratty child' tone of voice, before scurrying off.

"That kid has so much energy." You shake your head, heading out of the kitchen in search of your friend. It didn't take long, since you found her on the living room couch.

"Ah, y/n. Come here, come here." She says, patting the cushion beside her.

"Yes?" You sit beside her, waiting patiently for what she had to stay.

"Do you remember what I said to you yesterday?" Leah asks, making you raise a brow. Something then came to mind and you hung your head in joking shame.

"Always remember to blow on your food or you might burn your tongue.." you playfully pout.

"Haha, no, no. I'm talking about the newspaper." She said, making you lift your head with a raised brow.

"Newspaper? What's so special about a newspaper?"

"Well...~" your 'aunt' Leah opens a certain page in the newspaper and taps on a section with, 'hiring' written in bold.

"Oh?"

"Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex is currently hiring, y/n! And they fit all of your requirements!"

"Mm, I'll think about it. Is it okay if I borrow this for a second?" Leah gives you a kind nod and proceeds to playfully shoo you away.

.

.

.

You sit on the edge of your bed, frustratingly staring at the sheet of paper in front of you.

"She wasn't wrong when she said it reaches all of my preferred requirements, but.." you fall backwards onto your bed to stare at the ceiling, before throwing a mini tantrum and kicking at the air.

"But it's dangerous!" You scream into your pillow, with thoughts racing through your mind.

You snatch the paper and read through it again, only pointing out the important parts.

"Night-shift security guards, needed!-.... working from 12pm to 6am... preferably if the applicant is at least somewhat an experienced technician.. even the pay is really good." You sigh.

You were a little experienced in fixing things since Leah's brother and your past uncle are rather very professional technicians. But you never really had much interest in them and only paid attention to the basics.

"Hah! As if I would work in a place like that. You'd might as well plaster a target on my forehead!" You muffle into your pillow.

You peek at the paper once more, the payment from the job playing over in your head.

You bite your lip.

.

.

.

You stood in front of the main entrance of the pizzaplex in a simple shirt, denim jeans, and converses. Your hair was neatly tied back while you play with a pair of keys. Your aunt was nice enough to hand you her car, completely fooled because of how excited she was to see you getting a job.

"Well, then." You breathe out a heavy sigh and walk through the doors, speaking to one of the pizzaplex employees and asking for the manager for your interview.

He simply nodded and sent someone to show you the way to his office, where you had your interview.

He was a pretty chill guy, and congratulated you on getting the job after having you fill out a few papers. In 8 hours, your shift will start. You decided it would be okay to check out the place and maybe even buy a figure to bring back for Gregory.

Maybe even find some self defense mechanisms and prepare yourself for possible future events. Just in case.

If you've learned anything about most horror games, it's that you can never be too careful. Especially since you're living in one. Literally.

.

.

.

While you're walking up the stairs to the second floor, you fail to notice a set of eyes watching you. Or perhaps, 'sets' of eyes watching you.

~~~
[ unedited ]