Truth or Truth

Afternoon had rose again and Venti was sitting in the same campsite he had the day before. Xiao was the only person who he had talked to at this time-- and the only one he'd consider a friend.

The same, fluffy haired male soon showed up. He once again sat next to Venti.

"Xiao, can I play you a tune?" Venti asked, softly smiling.

Xiao simply nodded, his expression remaining stern and unfazed.

Venti gently pulled the strings of his lyre, a soft melodic tune emitted from it. The sound filled the air and the tranquility made Xiao feel at peace. He knew this song, and he got distracted and began to sing quietly, almost whispering. But it was loud enough that Venti could hear. He smiled at the male's voice and it almost warmed his heart. Soon, he stopped playing and Xiao stopped singing, his golden eyes fluttering up to meet Venti's.

"You have a wonderful voice," Venti commented.

Xiao softly smiled. "Thank you.." he mumbled, blushing a little.

"Speak up silly! I don't have supersonic ears."

Xiao shook his head. "Nothing, sorry." The smile had faded from his face as quickly as it had came.

"Okay so, wanna play a game?" Venti inquired.

"A... game? Are you nuts?"

"A game! Truth or dare but you can only pick truth because I wanna know more about you, my warrior."

"...What is the point in saying truth or dare if-"

"Shush, you need not question it. I'll start. Truth or truth Xiao?"

"...Truth..?"

"Yay! Okay, what's your favorite flower?"

"Are you silly?"

"Answer the question for the sake of Barbatos."

"...Qingxin."

"Now you ask me!"

"...Truth or truth, Venti?"

"Truth!"

"...Why did you want to be my friend?"

"Oh yay, a good question! I was thinking you wouldn't take this seriously-" Venti said, awkwardly laughing, "Anyway, I guess it's just our personalities. I'm a pretty social person when someone catches my eye, and voila, you did! I guess I don't really know how but it's some things about you-- You're not one to talk so my mind went 'maybe I could get him to talk' and when you said you had no friends, I only wanted to be yours more! Some other extras is that you're actually easy to talk to, despite you not talking back much, and you're really pretty!"

Xiao lightly smiled at Venti again, looking in his eyes, and that same genuineness was in his gaze. He was always sincere and so sweet, it made Xiao's heart flutter.

"Your turn," Xiao said softly.

"Yep! Truth or truth, Xiao!"

Hours quickly passed as the two played truth or dare (truth or truth as Xiao argued), and it was time for them to rest as they had been out late.

Xiao and Venti stood up, Xiao going to walk away.

"Hold on for a minute!" Venti pleaded, and Xiao paused in his steps.

"I.. hope you don't mind this-" Venti squeaked.

Xiao stood in confusion for a while as Venti tenderly wrapped his arms around Xiao, pulling him in for a warm embrace. Xiao blushed happily but wasn't sure how to hug back so he awkwardly patted Venti's back.

Venti soon pulled away, smiling excitedly at Xiao, his expression beaming.

"Hehehe! Goodbye Xiao~ see you tomorrow!"

"Goodbye... sleep well."

"What else did you say?"

"Nothing, bye!"