How I Met Your... Aunty?: Sam Wilson x Reader

This man could ruin my life and I'd thank him. This is based off of  a prompt from Pinterest :) Enjoy xox 

YN cringed as she typed on her laptop, the sound of the screeching child reaching her ears. She turned, picking up the pacifier and letting the infant wrap his mouth around it, letting out a garbling noise.

"Just a little while longer, Jerimiah. I swear." She whispered, feeling heat crawl up her neck as people stared at her. Jerimiah grumbled, snatching the pacifier from his mouth and letting another cry release into the café's otherwise silent air.

"Take that baby somewhere he can play. You're barely paying him any attention." YN froze, an older woman's voice startling her eyes away from her laptop screen.

"I-"

"What sort of mother would rather stare at a computer screen than look after her own son?" YN's eyes filled with embarrassed tears as the woman stared at her condescendingly. Jerimiah continued to cry as YN looked away from her gaze. "Where is the boy's father?"

"That is none of your business." YN glared, her mouth falling open at the woman's intrusive question. "Now, please move out of my personal space."

"No, this boy is clearly being neglected-"

"Excuse me?" YN shouted, standing from her chair, gaining the attention from customers. Her eyes were wet with frustrated and embarrassed tears, her fists clenched at her side. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Your generation has zero respect!" The woman shouted, stepping closer to YN as she grew red with rage. Onlookers stared in interest, making YN anger bubble hotter.

"My generation? I'm not the one who stuck their nose where it doesn't belong?" YN huffed, scooping up her belongings and shoving them in her bag along with her laptop. She picked Jeremiah up gently, the infant wrapping his legs around her waist. "Please move-"

"No-"

"Is there a problem here?" YN clenched her teeth, her eyes moving toward two men as they stood close by, narrowed eyes flicking between the two women.

"I'm fine." YN gritted out, shifting Jeremiah on her hip. "Can you move? Before we have a problem on our hands?" The woman sneered as she stepped aside, shaking her head.

"You worthless little whores shouldn't be allowed to breed." She muttered under her breath as YN passed. The young woman felt a lump form in her throat as she exited the coffee shop, her eyes welling with tears.

After hurriedly getting bother Jeremiah and herself into the car, YN let the tears flow down her cheeks. Jeremiah babbled to himself in his car seat as YN rested her head against the steering wheel, small sobs making her shoulders shake.

A knock on her window startled her upright, her hands quickly coming up to wipe her cheeks. She rolled the window down, watching one of the two men from earlier bend down, a warm smile lighting up his face.

"Hi." YN cleared her throat, checking the mirror to see Jeremiah drifting into sleep.

"Hello." YN finally responded, licking her lips.

"You left your wallet-"

"Oh my God. Thank you so much." YN rushed, her cheeks tinting red as she grabbed the outstretching item.

"It's not a problem..." YN nodded, her eyes meeting soft brown. "I'm Sam."

"YN." She responded automatically, her lips pulling into a smile

"Are you okay?" YN nodded, looking away from Sam as he gave her a sad smile. "What that old woman said was horrible, I'm sure you're a great mom."