Qingxin Flowers

Venti plucked Qingxin flowers from the mountainous pesks of Liyue, remembering how Xiao had said they were his favorite. He played out a couple scenarios in his head of how he would react.

"Thanks."

"Oh, that's nice."

"Dang Venti, this was so cute, can I kiss you?"

Wait.. No, that last scenario was too much. He hardly spoke in full sentences.

Venti slowly but surely made his way to Dragonspine, noticing Xiao was already there.

"You're late," Xiao said blankly.

"I'm sorry, but hey, I got you somethings!"

Xiao sighed. "What?"

Venti handled him the bundle of Qingxins to which Xiao was rendered speechless. He stared at Venti and cutely smiled.

Venti couldn't help but grin back in joy at Xiao's smile. It made him so happy. He sat next to Xiao, the two's shoulders touching. Surprisingly, Xiao didn't move away, instead he stayed close with Venti.

He gently laid the Qingxin next to him and continued smiling at Venti.

"You look awfully happy! Did it really mean that much?"

"Yeah of course... you remembered."

"Haha, why wouldn't I?"

"Nobody else did... but I shouldn't expect so little of you Venti. You're perfect.."

"I'm what? I can't hear you too well when you speak so quietly."

"Mmmff... Nothing!"

"If you say so!"

Venti laid his head on Xiao's shoulder and yawned.

"Xiao, you're my only friend now, isn't that crazy?"

"You're my only friend too.."

"Oh man.. this is offtopic but I was reading this book! A man and his husband-"

"Wait, pause," Xiao began, "A man and his husband?"

Venti lifted his head and stared at Xiao. "Um, yeah?"

"No not in a bad way. Venti are you..." Xiao flicked his wrist.

Venti busted out in laughter. "Obviously! My old friend, loooong before I met you, I could easily say I loved him. And I would express my love for a boy any day. Could you say the same?"

Xiao paused. "I haven't considered it."

Venti nodded. "I understand. Could I actually take you somewhere? It's a long walk, if you don't mind?"

"That's fine..." As long as it was with you.

"Yay! Okay!"

Venti held Xiao's hand and began to jog away.

Xiao was admittedly flustered. His hand, he's holding my hand, what.

Almost an hour later, they reached a majestic forest with glow in the dark shrubs decorating it.

Venti soon let go of Xiao's hand.

"This is so pretty.. I regret not going around Mondstat much."

"Almost as pretty as you, Xiao."

Xiao widened his eyes and stared at Venti. His face grew hot and his lips quivered.

"Don't say things like that," Xiao remarked, hiding his face.

"Okay okay, sorry!"

The two of them walked through the forest, admiring the beauty. But it soon grew late and they needed to head back.

"I gotta go," Xiao remarked.

"I have a better idea! Wanna come sleep at my place, with me? I'll even make you some food, I recall you saying you liked almond tofu," Venti exclaimed.

"I... you... you're a-amazing..." Xiao said shyly.

Venti pouted, but blushed. "Ehehe.. whaddya say?"

"Of course."

Moments later, they approached a secret passage through a tree. Venti allowed Xiao in and they appeared in a houselike establishment.

"Clever," Xiao remarked.

"I knowww, tell me about it!! Anyway, almond tofu on the go, the bed is right there if you wish to lay down!"

Venti began to cook over a boiling pot of water.

"There's... a single bed?"

"Yessir, I'll sleep on the floor, no biggie."

"No.. this is your house, I don't want to intrude!"

"Well I'm not letting you sleep on the floor!"

"No, I insist-"

"Or we could share the bed!"

"Share it...."

Venti smiled and shrugged. "Up to you. Here's your almond tofu!"

Xiao and Venti ended up sharing the bed, however the two slept far apart, Xiao was too scared for physical contact and Venti was aware of this so he kept boundaries. Despite this, the two slept peacefully.