55. just us two

055

055

She had not boxed in months.

The last time Devora ever had time to practice was before she started working under Hoseok, which was nearly seven months ago.

Quite possibly even more.

She didn't doubt that she had been working for Hoseok longer than seven months. Time was a complicated component to keep track of when it scampered by so quickly, the days were just perishing in the blink of an eye at that point.

What truly stunned her was how her gloves were still intact after all the times she used to fling them around.

They were a bit rugged on the fist area and creased in some places, but they were still wearable.

Devora could still remember receiving them as a gift from her father in her last year of high school — when she was just getting into the sport.

The gloves were shaded black on the outside of the glove, while inside the fists were a vivid pink.

She put the gifted gloves in the drawstring bag, along with water and other essential items like her wallet and house keys.

Devora had on simple workout clothes, black pair of tights that reached all the way down to her calves, covering her upper half was a plain white shirt. The sleeves were cut off, the sides split open with the use of a pair of scissors she had.

As soon as she got a text from Jungkook informing her that he was waiting outside, she instantly locked up her apartment, taking a trip down four flights of stairs to reach the parking lot.

She romped in front of his car, gently tapping the hood as she marched to the passenger seat.

Jungkook had a glimmer of elation in his eyes watching her settle comfortably into his car.

"Make sure to put your seatbelt on." He reminded her, keeping his left hand on the steering wheel, the other on the center console.

"Oh right, because I forgot you still drive like you're taking your driving test." Devora pulled the belt over her chest, buckling herself in.

She kept the bag in her hands, reaching her face over to his to place a kiss on his cheek.

He did the same, placing his delicate lips above her cheek at the same time she did.

Conversations on the way there were relatively normal, they spoke about work and how busy they had been the past week.

No matter how many times Devora would ask where the place was at, Jungkook kept that detail to himself, not wanting to reveal where they would have their match together.

"You do realize I'm gonna know either way, right?" Her chin sat above her fist, elbow glued to the console. "It's not like you blindfolded me or anything."

Jungkook tsked, making a right turn. "Man, now you tell me. I could've just done that instead." Glancing at her, watching her jaw drop.

She mildly slapped his bicep, expression deprecated. "Don't get any ideas, it was only a joke." Devora scoffed, watching them pull into a partly empty plaza.

Jungkook pulled into a parking space smoothly, putting his car in park.

Devora was busy unbuckling herself, grabbing her sports bag as she peeked out the window.

It was such a spacious and massive gym, it looked to be almost two stories from the outside.

But the place was empty, even the parking spaces were vacant.

Was Jungkook sure it wasn't closed, or something?

Devora chortled. 'There's no way Jungkook rented out an entire gym for just the two of us.' Her hand reached for the door handle.

Dumbfounded when she felt Jungkook's arm reach from her left, shutting her door.

"Wait for a sec, I'll open that for you." His lips pulled into that same charming grin.

Devora laughed, removing her hand from the handle. "Jungkook, that really isn't necessary." 

But by the time she was even able to get her words across to him, he was already dashing out of the car.

He proceeded to open the door for her, stepping aside with his hand out. "M'lady." His voice was borne with the colors of rapture.

"Thank you, Jk." She grinned, getting out of the car. "But, this won't make me go easy on you."

He groaned, dejected. "Wow, and here I thought being nice would make you go easy on me." Biting his lower lip in sarcastic grief, shutting the door.

The two made it to the front door, Devora idled by patiently as Jungkook fumbled with the keys, twisting the lock open.

"Do you own this gym or something?" Her eyebrows creased, watching him open the door.

He shook his head. "No, my friend owns it and he let me rent it out for just the two of us."

Devora's eyes widened, holding tightly onto her things. "Jungkook, you rented this place out for just us two?" Stepping inside, gawking at all the gym equipment they had.

Similar to how the building looked from the outside, it was accurately large inside.

There was a plethora of space sitting between each machine for proper distance when working out, not to mention the numerous treadmills, ellipticals, and stationary bikes that were in there.

He closed and locked the door behind him. "Yup, it's just us in here." He sighed, looking around with pleasure. "It's always so packed in here, I thought it'd be better if nobody would be here."

"B-but, this can't be free, right?" Devora felt his hand plant itself against her back, nudging her to walk forward.

A chuckle ruptured deeply in his chest, walking abreast of her. "Dev, don't worry about that."

But how could she not?

Jungkook wasn't exactly the type to crave special treatment. Even if his friend gave him the option to not pay, Devora was certain he still paid him the debt he owed.

She could only imagine how much he must have spent to be renting out the place for the hours they'd be using it.

Devora's movement was on airplane mode — allowing Jungkook to lead her to the arena where the punching bags were located, along with a stage where matches can be performed.

She observed as he placed his bag near a corner beside a wall.

"I just feel bad, you didn't have to rent out the entire place." She mumbled, setting her things down beside Jungkook's things. "I don't mind being around other people."

She grabbed a hair tie that was on her wrist, beginning to pick her hair up into a ponytail.

"I know, and I don't mind them either. But, isn't it better if we could actually hear each other and our thoughts without so much noise?" He reasoned with her, getting out his own pair of boxing gloves.

She pulled the top of her tail to tighten the grip of her hair tie. "Whatever it may be, I still appreciate what you did." Smiling, watching him drop a glove on the floor.

Devora bent over, grabbing it for him. "Here. I don't know if I trust you on that stage if you're already dropping your things."

He grabbed his glove. "I don't know how else to put this, Devora." He puffed air through his lips, his eyebrow pulled into an arch. "But, I'm winning today."

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚