56. the fight & kiss

056

056

The two of them took their time to warm up before they even stepped foot in the ring.

Devora wanted to practice on her own for a while to see if she could still mimic moves she used to do before.

She also didn't want to step in the ring absolutely blind by what she was going to do, or without a plan that could result in her win.

When it came to the teasing comments between the two, it was entirely a joke — a way they bonded.

However, she was still thoroughly determined to win.

So in a way, her teasing comments were foretelling the outcome of their fight.

Devora was aware that Jungkook was most definitely faster than she was, and he undoubtedly packed a stronger punch. But, he could only see what his eyes were on.

She sighed, removing a glove from her perspiring hands, shaking it off.

She forgot just how painful all that moving around and punching could be on her wrist. It wasn't any new pain, she had sprained it once a couple of years ago when she had first started the sport.

Ever since then, her wrist was never the same — writhing in discomfort whenever she put too much pressure on it.

Devora maneuvered her wrist around, cursing to herself when she realized she forgot to pack her brace.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jungkook's huffing and puffing were heard from the other side of the room.

They had promised each other they wouldn't peek at their moves while practicing.

She turned to him with a lethargic arch on her lips, failing to smile. "Yeah, my wrist just hurts."

He removed one of his gloves, disheveling his wild hair. "Let me see?" Already walking to inspect the injury.

"No, it's okay." She promised, watching him grab her wrist to inspect it. "It always hurts like this, I sprained it once."

"You've sprained it?" His eyes were wide, engrossed in the topic. "Did you bring a brace with you?"

"No, I completely forgot about the pain, honestly." Her voice was mirth, laughing at herself.

She watched as his warm fingers began to lightly press on the carpal bones, tracing down further to the sides of her wrists.