Chapter 4

The detention room was a bit empty. There was only me, Reed Ivans, and this boy that I didn't recognize. The room was a lot cleaner than the last time I've been here. The teacher who was monitoring us went somewhere and told us not to leave. We're not even planning to.

I had some classes with Reed. He's the captain of the Football team and he's so nice. We sometimes talk, and whenever we see each other, we always make sure to greet one another.

"Hey, Yeji!" Reed greeted with a warm smile, sitting beside me.

"Hello, Reed! How have you been doing?" I greeted back.

"Been doing good. Just busy being the captain of the football team," He said, combing through his ash blonde hair with his fingers.

He was gorgeous. He has dark blue eyes that can mesmerize anyone. I was mesmerized. His tanned body was perfectly built. If only he's my type, I'd totally ask him out on a date.

I mean, he was my type. But there's just something in me that can't describe how I'm feeling.

"Being a captain sounds fun," I gave him a smile.

He snorted. "Sounds fun. It is fun, but it can also be stressful. Imagine being responsible for everything and your teammates,"

I chuckled as he smiled at me. There was a twinkle in his eyes that I didn't know how he did that. Then he added, "I'd be happy if you come by sometimes and watch us practice,"

"I'll totally keep that in mind," The only problem was I get lazy most of the time and I'd rather read a book.

"I'll look forward to see you there," His mouth widened into a smile. It wasn't long until he started speaking again. "Anyway, I saw Lia hanging with you awhile ago,"

I groaned and hid my face with my hands. "Ugh! Can we please stop talking about her?"

He laughed at my frustration. "Why? You guys seemed to be having fun,"

"Not me. She's annoying me. No- actually they're all annoying. Lia is more annoying. Winter even told me to give her a ride home and she looks happy about it," I ranted, pursing my lips.

"Really? Never thought of her being annoying. And what's wrong with giving her a ride?"

"A lot!"

"You're overreacting, Yeji," He chuckled.

"What do you think of her?" I asked, biting my lip. Curiosity was going through me.

"I thought you wanna stop talking about her?" He mocked.

I rolled my eyes. "Just answer the question,"

He paused for awhile to thought about his answer. "I have two classes with her and we rarely speak to each other. Although, she's sometimes approachable and most of the time not,"

"So do you think those rumors about her are true?" I asked more.

I didn't even know why I was asking him about her. I guess I wanted to know people's opinions about her to see what they think of her. And I don't want everyone's attention on us. I might hear rumors about me soon.

"Maybe some, yeah. But I've talked to her before and she didn't look rude nor mean. We had a proper conversation."

"Okay, enough about her. Let's talk about your love life, Reed," I wiggled my eyebrows as he chuckled. I changed the topic and blurted the first topic that came into my mind.

"You mean my non-existent love life?" He puffed.

"Ah. still single, I see?"

He flashed me a coy smile, then clicked his tongue. "I'm just waiting for the perfect one, okay?"