You/Najenda - Betrayal

(Akame Ga Kill)

"(y/n)!"

"Susanoo, cover me!"

The man quickly throws off who he was fighting and rushes to protect his master. With Susanoo at her side, Najenda rushes to you. At your side, she quickly places your head on her lap and checks for any other visible injuries.

"I'm fine, Najenda. Just a scratch."

You mumbled to her as you pushed her hands away.

"Just a scratch? You hit your head! You could have a concussion. We need to pull back."

"N..no. We can't pull back."

You attempted to stand up but you almost tripped over your own feet. Najenda was quick to help you stand properly despite your protesting.

"We're pulling back and that's final. Pull back!"

She screams at the rest of Night Raid. They all follow orders, making sure that their escape was safe and that the Jaegers wouldn't follow them.

X

Esdeath was intrigued after what just had happened. As far as she could remember Najenda only cared about finishing missions. It didn't matter what the cost would be and how many soldiers she would lose, her priority was executing the orders from above. To see her blatantly ignore her primary objective was a little shocking.

"Doctor, Seryu, find out who that girl. She just might be the key to taking down Night Raid."

X

It took them several days but eventually they were able to find out information about exactly who you were. The two of them were excited to report their findings, knowing that Esdeath would be happy to hear that she had been right.

"Turns out that (y/n) is married to Najenda! You were right, commander! She might be the key. Did you see how they pulled back as soon as she was injured? Imagine what we could do if we kidnap her."

Esdeath had her back towards them as she stared at the forest from afar. She couldn't believe that Najenda had gotten careless. Her mistake was going to cost her greatly and that made her smile.

X

After carefully planning how to go about the kidnapping, the Jaegers were set up to ambush Night Raid. The Jaegers would serve as a distraction while Esdeath remained hidden until the perfect moment to kidnap you.

"They're coming!"

Seryu warns her teammates as she launches the first attack. Night Raid had expected them so they were ready. All of them had been separated to fight a member while Najenda remained at your side to protect you. You were still injured, unable to even fight. The only reason why you were even out was so they could take you somewhere were you could be treated for the injury you had sustained a few days ago.