Sunshine

Damn, this chapter took me hours- its my longest one yet and it was so hard to writee 😭😭 why are fighting scenes so hard Jdksbdlabdkssj- hope you guys enjoy it anyway so my pain will not be in vain 😔

      ༺═──────────────═༻

Kamado, I must admit that I've wronged both you and your friend. Thank you both for coming visit Kyojuro, I see that you guys and Senjuro have been corresponding for at least four months, that boy has grown so much. I am embarrassed by my behavior when we first met, and as I wallowed in self-pity over my own incompetence, my wife became ill and died, so, like the fool I am, I pulled away and drowned myself in sake. Kyojuro proved a much better son than I have been, even when I stopped teaching him he read the guide to flame breathing and even with only three volumes, he made himself into a hashira! Ruka's, his mother blood is strong in both him and Senjuro, the two of them are wonderful boys. And Kamado, you have an even greater power, like you those destined to wield sun breathing, are born with a red mark on their forehead, so I'm certain that you....

And Y/N, about you-

The rest of the contents of the letter were destined to Y/N, Tanjiro decided against reading it since he wanted to respect her privacy, but later, he would regret not having reading its contents sooner.

But enough of you, since by now, you are still hanging in that ceiling, trapped in your own nightmares.

Now. It's his time. Tanjiro Kamado.

'No...Shinjuro, I wasn't born with this mark.' Tanjiro grip on his sword tightened, as the red still slowly consumed the white part of his eyes. 'I got it protecting my little brother from a brazier he knocked over. And I got this look when I got wounded in the final selection. I heard my father was born with a faint mark on his forehead, but not me. I'm definitely...not a chosen one.... But, even if I... Don't have the powers of a chosen one.... There are times in life where you simply can't back down!'

As Daki walked away from him, she suddenly felt herself being yanked back, exasperatedly looking behind her to see Tanjiro grabbing her leg with a scary expression on his face.

He quickly made a slash in the direction of her neck, she bent down to avoid the attack and jumped some meters away from him.

Blood was dripping from his eyes, as he silently said :

"A lost life can never return. Its gone forever."

Daki looked down at her leg, her eyebrows furrowed at the sight of it completely crushed at the same part he grabbed before. That's an insane grip strength for a human.

"A demon's body isn't made of human flesh. Why do you steal people lives? Why do you ruin then?"

'These words... I've heard them before' Daki thought as she slowly got up to look at Tanjiro, his image changing to a man with long red hair that she has never seen before. 'Who is that? I don't know him!'