Chapter 27

Happy Reading :)

Ding Dong!

"I'll get it!" I yelled. James, Brian, David, and Emmett were already here so it was just Ethan Clark and Lexi left.

I was hoping Lexi would be the next one here, the amount of boys in my house was increasing and without my mother I was the only female.

I opened the door and to my disappointment it was Ethan and Clark.

"Lydia!" They yelled in unison, they both took turns hugging me and squeezing the life out of me.

"Go!" I panted, there was only so much life you could squeeze out of someone.

I walked outside and looked for her car and saw it pull up. I felt relief in the familiarity of the white Toyota.

"Lydia where should I park?" She shouted through her passenger side window.

"Come in the driveway," I shouted back. I stayed outside until she was parked and rushed to hug her when she got out.

"Woah, hey there kiddo," she laughed, confused at my sudden burst of affection.

"I can feel the estrogen," I whispered like gollum.

"Okay creepy, lets go watch a movie," She rolled her eyes and detached herself from me.

We walked inside and Lexi hugged everyone and came back to me. We walked outside to our patio where the outdoor fire pit was set up and marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate had been laid out.

"I call hammock!" I yelled and me and Lexi sprinted to the hammock.

We had an outdoor media space that came in handy when you had such a big family.

We jumped on and got comfortable. It was a huge hammock, enough for two, and it was facing the wall which the projector was going to display the movie on.

"So what are we watching?" Lexi asked.

"It's batman or something," I replied.

"Not or something," Melvin said from behind, scaring us, "It's the Dark Knight,"

He then went on to describe the trilogy and how this was the best and generally scolding me for being ignorant.

"Lexi! Lyd! Do you guys want s'mores?" Marcus shouted from the fire pit.

"Yes!" We yelled back. He brought us both small plates with s'mores on each.

"Thank you," I smiled sweetly and he rolled his eyes but smiled a little. I could already see the changes in him due to my family's absence.

He was becoming slightly more mature, hopefully this would continue into the next few months, but I doubted it, this was Marcus we were talking about.

The movie began and everyone say down on the couches

"What's this called again?" Lexi whispered.

"Shh!"

*After the Movie*

"He is so brave," Lexi sobbed.

"I know," I sniffled.

"Aww, don't cry," Joseph jumped on top of us.

"Get off!" Lexi wheezed.

"Joey get your fat ass off of us," I yelled.

"Love you guys too," He smiled and jumped off.

"Well that killed my sad mood," Lexi laughed.

"Yeah well there's Joe for you," I giggled.

"Guys come on, it's getting cold," Marcus called from the patio.