chapter 3

[ extra ]

You run outside, waving a gameboy in the air by your hand.

"Give it back!" Gregory shouts, trying to wrestle you for the game. But to no avail, his strength couldn't compare to yours. Your body was solid still and towering over him. Despite his best attempts, he couldn't even get you to budge.

I mean, what else could one expect. He's a scrawny little child, and you're a stubborn, moody teenager.

"That's cute, but this is exactly why I'm doing this." You coo, ruffling his hair and earning a scowl in return from the younger boy.

"What are you even talking about!? You've been talking weird since this morning! Now give it!" He whined, throwing a tantrum and hitting you while he screamed for his game. You roll your eyes.

"Alright, little man." You huff, crouching down to his level. "Let's make a deal, hm?"

"What." He growls, crossing his arms. His eyes were so obviously glued to the gameboy in your hand.

"If you do these self defense classes with me for only 2 hours every day, I'll convince aunt to get you a mega fazbear VIP ticket, and a photocard for you and each of your friends on your birthday."

The boy perks his head up, eyes sparkling as if he were a puppy. You could tell that this offer got his attention. He shook his head and nodded.

"Fine! Now, gimme-" the boy leaped for the gameboy, but you sighed and moved out of the way, making the boy fall forward onto the grass behind you.

"2 hours, little buddy. C'mon. Get up." You smirked, standing up and offering a helping hand. To which he angrily denied, swiping it away and standing up himself.

"Do we have to do it now?" He whined.

While you were busy laughing at the kid, aunt Leah watched you both from the kitchen window. She had a calm smile on her face, like she was watching her very own children grow up in front of her.

.

.

.

"Alright, y/n. You've got this." Jason, a daytime employee of the Pizzaplex gave you an encouraging pat on the back, before heading off. You waved goodbye and turned to face the office door.

You take a deep breath and go to knock on the door. However, it opened before you could.

"Hm?"

"Huh?"

You stare in confusion as a beautiful woman dressed in uniform stands in front of you. She looks you up and down before giving you a cheery smile.

You can't lie. The gesture made a little blush rise to your cheeks.

"I'm vanessa. I'll be working with you during the nightshifts." She extends a hand to you, and you smile in return.

"Y/n. I look forward to working with you." You shake her hand, before you two are interrupted.

"Ah, you guys have already met. Great, I'll be leaving everything to you two. I have an urgent meeting at the moment. Y/n, if you need anything, just go to Vanessa, alright?" Your manager says, squeezing past you guys. You give him a little salute as he leaves and you and Vanessa look at each other. The both of you giggle at the manager's clumsiness.

.

.

.

"Alright, so all I have to do is finish these 2 tasks? That's all?" You ask.

"Yep. But don't take it too lightly. Cleaning the stage takes a while. not to mention the animatronics and their instruments," she sighs, feeling exhausted just by thinking about it. "If you need any help, just look for me, I'll try my best."

With that, Vanessa walked off after escorting you to the stage. It was a lot bigger than you remembered it being in the game. At first, you thought the manager was cool. But curse him for making you do something like this on your first day.

"Shit. It is what it is, I guess." You sigh, taking a second to think over how you should clean the stage.

Meanwhile, the animatronics were walking around in the backroom, doing god knows.

.

.

.

Mopping the last section of the stage floor clean, you fail to notice that your music had stopped an hour ago. You were so focused and having, believe it or not, fun, that you didn't notice how much time had gone by.

"Whew, I should be done now" you huff, moving everything off stage and heading into the backroom.

Seeing the animatronics, you gulp, turning around and walking off. "On second thought, maybe I should ask Vanessa to do this, and I'll do everything else." You mumble, jogging in a different direction to find your co-worker.

A large metalic hand peeks out from the back corner of the stage. A set of eyes watching as you disappear behind a pair of large doors strictly labeled for staff only.

~~~
[ unedited ]
Pov: wattpad is being a dick and keeps unpublishing your story