Chapter 42: Power-up (1)

After the blinding light receded, I moved my hands from my eyes.

A sense of surprise spread through my body just as I moved my gaze in front of me.

‘Holy shit.’

It was a war terrain. A muddy, smoky, and ruined terrain. But that was not the cause of my reaction, it was instead the figure of a single man double my height, standing a few hundred meters away from here.

Upon further observation, he wore blood-red samurai armour while his hand was holding a spear.

I could see his wide back from here until he turned around and his eyes, under the samurai helmet, met mine. As if amused by my presence, his eyes shone red and an overwhelming pressure washed over me.

The sudden bloodlust caused Kurai to flinch, but for me, this was one of those times when I had to thank my [Gamer’s Mind]. This skill of mine grants Rational Thinking only in Lethal situations. Though truth be told, I don't consider it as a drawback. I am not really a rational person, I like fucking around, a lot. So, to me, being rational 24/7 is the same as becoming emotionless like some gamer Mcs.

With random thoughts brushing past my mind, I stood calm under the sheer pressure that this historical presence emitted.

[Ding! Gamer’s Mind has blocked “Bloodlust - Lvl 40”!]

Apparently, dungeon monsters can also use skills. Well, they’re just NPCs, so I guess it makes sense. I can also feel my own bloodlust building up within me.

Looking ahead, above the tall man, a text box was floating, saying:

[Oda Nobunaga - The Great Spirit - Lvl 123]

Upon commanding an <Observe>, more of his details appeared in front of me.

[Name: Oda Nobunaga

Level: 123

Race: [Great Spirit]

HP: 9685/9685

MP: 3060/3060

Description: Being 'locked' here for hundreds of years, Oda Nobunaga only had his memories to accompany him. Being chained by his memories, his personality has been heavily affected by some of his close companions, especially Emperor Ōgimachi, whose characteristics are noticeable when Nonunaga gets enraged.]

A spirit, huh? This would be hard to battle since I wouldn’t be able to hurt him…

[No, Master, it’s fine.]

The system suddenly said.

[Some spirits are different from normal ones, such as the guy in front of you, “A Great Spirit”. He can do physical damage, and you can too. Though if he chooses, he can stop being tangible. But being a prideful Samurai, I doubt he’d do that.]

Oooh, good. Then I won’t need to depend on the black kitten too much on this.

Oda Nobunaga stood in his spot. It seems the platform he's standing on is keeping him from dashing towards me. Meaning, his danger level is high enough for the Game to restrict his movement inside that platform.