Chapter 50: Reward-and-punishment (1)

If you want to read 20+ chapters ahead, go here: www.patre0n.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 50: Reward-and-punishment (1)

Kurai was the first one to jump at Neji's arms when he reached home, and after that, it was his mother, Gara.

"How was the entrance exam, my baby boy?"

Gara fed Neji grapes while his head rested on her thighs. 

"It was easy."

He didn’t say ‘It went well’, he said ‘It was easy’, and that alone answered everything Gara wanted to hear. This did put a smile on her face. The exam was hard from what she heard from her colleagues whose children also attended the exam, but her little son is clearly fine. Even then, being someone who keeps her children's actions on a tab most of the time, she knew Neji was as strong as Nejire. And knowing that Nejire is one of the Big Three of UA High, she honestly didn't worry much about the entrance exam to begin with.

"It was like wreaking havoc in the beginner village with a Level 100 character."

Gara's smile widened. "Good good, as expected of my cute little sonnn~” She rubbed his cheeks with her palms while giggling. “Real question, did anyone bother you? Some kid?"

"Stop it, mom." He stopped chewing on grapes and stared at her eyes. "I am not a kid anymore, you don’t have to worry about it too much..."

“Hm,” Gara didn’t act childishly this time, she simply smiled. “I guess you’re a big boy now, huh. Did you lose your virginity?”

“Mom!” Neji jumped up from her lap and stared at her with a flustered face. If there are people who can make him blush, Gara was one of them. “Don’t ask such weird things.”

“Hehe, see? Not so mature anymore~ You’d always be a kid to Mommy.” Gara simply laughed it off, ruffled his hair, and stood up. “Anyway, I am kinda tired after work today, I will go to sleep.” 

As Gara left, Neji fell back on the couch and sighed.  "Haiyaah…" 

~Ring Ring~

Just as Neji breathed out heavily, he received a call.

It was Momo Yaoyorozu.

Beep. He picked the call and greeted Momo.

"Good evening, madam."

"Oh stop this and tell me how your entrance went."

A soft giggle flew from the other side just as a sweet talk started between them.

—★—

Aiko Hado, Neji's father, came back from his office and the first thing he saw was Neji laying on the couch and talking to someone, who he found to be a girl.

"Anyway, Yaomomo, I am getting hungry, I will talk later."

His son cut the call and yawned just as Aiko entered the room chuckling.