Chapter 55: UA High (1)

If you want to read 20+ chapters ahead, go here: www.patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 55: UA High (1)

Momo walked back to Neji, almost hugging him in ecstasy, though she did stop before that could happen, she didn't want to give others weird ideas. They weren't dating, after all.

Only when she stood beside him did he murmur "Congrats". She curled her lips up as he started to compliment her. 

Midway to his compliments, some girls approached them.

"I am Mina, nice to meet you!"

"And I am Itsuka Kendo, I was going to say how great you did in the match! I was at the edge of the seat the whole time! I for one am very scared since my quirk is hand-related, and in this game, using hands is forbidden."

Momo smiled awkwardly and gave Neji a look from the corner of her eyes, Neji just shrugged and waved her off, taking a walk to the boys and standing beside Denki Kaminari, instead.

He didn't want to restrict Momo from making friends just because of him. Well, at least as long as the 'friends' aren't weird.

It was when Aizawa declared the next match. Hanta Sero vs Tsuyu Asui. Neji was starting to see why Aizawa said there won't be any unfairness.

For example, in this new match, Hanta has a useful quirk that can restrain anyone, but in this case, since using Quirks on the opponent is banned, he'd instead use it on the football. However, along with Tsuyu's frog reflexes and her long tongue, she would be able to counter this easily.

It wasn't perfect, of course, but it was as perfect as it could be based on the context of the characters.  While Sero and Tsuyu walked to the field, Neji heard a 'Psst!' calling him.

Turning to his left, he met Kaminari who looked at him with a smile. 

"Hey man, is that… Yaoyorozu girl, your girlfriend?"

Neji almost raised an eyebrow before shrugging and focusing on the match. "We are close, but we haven't started dating yet."

They weren't dating. There was a reason for that. A… very concerning one.

Before Kaminari could have any weird ideas, Neji cleared.

"Don't try pursuing her though." He gave him a small smile. "Accidents are normal, after all."

"Err… o-okay."

Kaminari couldn't tell what he meant by this, but he had a bad feeling, so he just swiftly turned his gaze forward. Even without Neji saying it, Kaminari could see they were very close, so he wasn't going to pursue her anyway. Kaminari liked girls, but he wasn't into stealing others' girls.