Chapter 59: Momo Yaoyorozu (3)*

After Nejire left, Neji stood by the gate with Momo in his arms. 

The security guard immediately recognised Momo and Neji and opened the door, guiding them to the main door.

"Then I will see myself off."

Just as the guard bowed and left, Neji took a breath in and pressed the doorbell. Momo's parents should be home today if he wasn't wrong, so he was a bit weirded out. How is he going to explain the unconscious Momo in his arms?

Before he could think this over, the huge mansion door creaked and parted in the middle.

From inside, 

"Hm?"

A carbon copy of Momo appeared. 

The only distinguishable difference was her grown-up body, and her brown hair that was laid down softly over her shoulders. She also had a mole on the right of her lips. 

The married woman blinked at him with her brown eyes, her cherry red lips parting into agape. 

Miku Yaoyorozu her name was, Neji reckoned, though he didn't have to remember it because her name was already floating above her head. 

<Miku Yaoyorozu - Tier 2>

She was Tier 2, nothing surprising, as expected from a Fashion Designer.

Her eyes observed the comfortably sleeping Momo on Neji's arms as she hummed and looked at Neji's with an understanding look on her face.

"You must be Neji-kun, right?" She smiled at him. "Thanks for bringing Momo home. Did she perhaps lose consciousness because of her Quirk overuse?"

Miku has experienced something similar with her own Quirk, <Cloth Creation> when she was young. She assumed UA training, or test, or whatever happened today must have been a great burden on her daughter. 

Neji didn't even blink at her question, the perfect excuse had presented itself in front of him, why miss it? He simply nodded.

"Rather, something similar happened. She was tired from the test our Homeroom teacher took, and after school, I invited her for a cup of coffee. In the Coffee Shop she fell asleep on my shoulder."

He made sure to point out what type of relationship they had for them to sit together on the same seat, in case Momo's mother didn't know about it already. 

Miku blinked twice before curling her lips up into an interpreting smile.

"Ah, my bad, please come inside, we can talk there, it must be uncomfortable carrying a grown-up girl like that."

"It's no problem, I can hold her like this for eternity."

He still stepped inside though, but his comment did cause Miku to raise an eyebrow that she lowered immediately, smiling wider.

An involuntary giggle left her as she simply led Neji inside the mansion.

—★—

Seeing her daughter's boyfriend sitting on the couch with her sleeping daughter clinging to him, Miku couldn't help but laugh to herself.  

She had no idea her daughter had a boyfriend… her daughter isn't the type to hide things, at least most of the time. It's that either they've been dating for a while now and Momo was simply nervous to talk out the relationship before, or that everything happened after the silver-haired body called Momo for 'A cup of Coffee', as he said.