| forty ; player's death

the shadow in the light

chapter forty; player's

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"after your death, you will be what you were before your birth."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

a/n: double update today since i'm bored. yall please comment, i honestly enjoy reading comments even if i don't respond and it feels so empty without comments. please don't be silent readers 🥲 thank you <3

"you insolent bastard!" the frost monarch shouted as it raised its arms. golems made out of ice suddenly rose from the ground, alerting y/n.

the insect monarch whistled loudly as she looked at jin-woo, "would you let me in on the fun as well?"

jin-woo looked around as the corpses of the deceased began twisting around until they resembled monstrous spiders crawling on all four legs. he clicked his tongue in annoyance as he sliced them with kamish's wrath.

an ice golem was about to attack him from behind but y/n was quick to crush it with ruler's authority. seven more of the golems surrounded her and she threw kamish's piety at the first. she ran and jumped, landing on another. she kicked its head, using the mark of lumen while her other hand controlled kamish's piety via ruler's authority.

her eyes searched her surroundings for the frost monarch as she roundhouse kicked another ice golem. once she spotted the monarch, she punched the last golem before flinging herself towards the monarch like a bullet.

the monarch panicked as y/n appeared before him in an instant. she swung her longsword with great power and aimed at the frost monarch's face. but just before she could split his face in half, a claw appeared in front of her, missing by a thread.

y/n was forced to battle with the beast monarch as it responded to her attack with lightning-quick reflexes and blocked her longsword in time.

"you think you can damage me with a mere piece of metal?!" the beast monarch yelled.

y/n smirked as a red aura surrounded kamish's piety. she cleanly sliced off the beast monarch's wrist and said, "looks like it's not some piece of metal."

"what?!" the beast exclaimed.

just then, y/n felt powerful energy radiating above her. she looked up, eyes widening when she saw a fist made out of magical energy. before she could dodge, a pair of arms wrapped around her figure and carried her away.

"jin-woo," y/n said out of surprise. he gave her a small smile and placed her down on the ground, both of them looking back at the three monarchs before them.

the number of ice golems and corpses had increased by almost triple, and the beast monarch had regenerated its arm back. several more magical fists floated near the queen of insects.

it was then, the sound of something breaking was heard.

jin-woo and y/n looked to their left as a claw broke free from the ice prison.

"my liege, my queen!"

y/n let out a smile at the familiar ant, "beru!"

"my lieges!! that insect woman dares lay her hands on my lieges!! kiiiieeeehhk!! my lieges!!" beru hollered out.